The Diesel Garage banner

In Marysville CA Need Help and want to Learn

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  scottj 
#1 ·
My name is Derek Beaty just moved to CA and looking for advice and help. I am originally from Florida, joined the Air Force and have recently been stationed at Beale AFB after spending the last 3 years in DC. I love older looking Fords but I love the Cummins engine. I joined the thread to meet people I could get help from and learn from the infinite wisdom that's on here! I drive a 1983 Ford F250 with the big block 460. GAS IS KILLIN ME, and the wife lets me know it all the time.I am wanting to put a 12 valve cummins in it to get better mpg, some more power and reliability. I don't know much about mechanics, I know what I like and know what I want. I want to have a hand in the build of the engine and installation but I am not mechanically inclined enough to do this alone. I need help, and want to know where to start! Thanks ahead of time and God bless ya'll!

#2 ·
hate to break it to ya but...... Since you live on the lovely 'communist republic of commiefornia' as I like to call it, you are out of luck on converting that truck to a diesel. Unless you keep it registered out of state or in a non-smog state. If you haven't already changed registration to CA, do your conversion before you do. Because of it being a truck with a gas motor that is in smog years you will have problems with CA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.