The Diesel Garage banner

Horsepower and Torque Ratings

10K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  dzljon 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what these motors are going to be rated at? I'm a die hard chevy fan but the new 2011 powerstroke looks pretty serious.

#3 ·
5 less horse and 10 less ft/lb than the ford.:roflol:

#4 ·
yea but the transmission will last alot longer :woohoo

I like Fords they are heavy ! i get to collect a bigger check when i junk them:woohoo

Mike

#6 ·
dmax will still out accelerate and out drag race the fords... fat old rigs

#8 ·
Well when you see of a stock 6R140 holding 1400ft/lb of torque with out breaking then I'll believe that number.

#10 ·
The 5r110's behind the 6.4's seem to be doing pretty good with 1100 ft/lbs that the motors are making with the 275 and 310 Spartan tunes.

#12 ·
Either way 400hp is more than any diesel pickup, or regular production pickup yet..... i dont care who you are, thats a good sign

#13 ·
I kept having trouble with Ford's automatic transmissions so i quit buying fords with automatic's . . . I had some GM-diesel trouble so i'll quit buying GM-diesel's. . .

easy fix !

Mike

#14 ·
Mike you had to know that the 6.5 and 6.2 were poor engine designs, the Duramax is nothing like them at all, they share absolutely nothing, if cummins is so great why didnt i buy another one? because the duramax is just as good

#15 ·
Don't care still NOT buying another FORD with an Automatic transmission and i am NOT buying another GM-Diesel . . .

this way i won't have to worry about it . . . nothing more to it . . . not saying the D-max is bad i'm simply stating no more GM-Diesel's . . .

GM's with Gas engine's and Ford's with manual transmission's . . . Peace of mind -Priceless. . .

Mike

#16 ·
well do what you have to do buddy, but dont put down gm-diesels because you bought a lemon, its really getting old, there are lemons in any thing you buy INCLUDING GASSERS!!

Reactions: M123KT-450
#17 · (Edited)
i like the duramax but my thought on this is if you look at all the rigs that pull 80K lbs around for a living they are all I6 engines they are easy to service since everything is mounted on one side or the other and there less moving parts, in my book it is cost of ownership the newer fords i think will cost a fortune to fix(if the cab has to come off there is cost issues when compared to the other's) the duramax is pretty good but the 5.9 cummins is hands down the most reliable cost efficient engine out there, the trans is a different story, all 3 use syncronized tranny's now so i tend to shy away from them the dependability of them goes way down when you use overdrive to split gears so you can have a 5 or 6 speed automatic, the 48re is syncronized also but can be built to be very strong, as well as the allison but the 5r110 has issues, the 68RFE seems to be doing alright but is new to the seen, the best auto tranny is the 4r100 it is geared well and is not syncronized so they are very dependable but you can't go wrong with manuals. just my 2cents

#18 ·
For the 2011 Fords, there will be no more cab-off required to get to the engine.

#19 · (Edited)
alright but when you have single charger with a 2 sided compressor and variable turbine, urea injection, and all that b.s there are a lot of moving parts even the cummins is getting to complex the cost of ownershhip is way to high, what do you think it will cost to replace that charger on the ford when it is out of warranty? and how many more problems can you have with all this electronic eqipment that you wont have with earlier models. who cares that these truck can do 12's in a 1/4 mile they are built to work and haul heavy loades if you wan to go fast buy a sports car. you can almost buy a corvette for the same price of these trucks 62K for a pick up is rediculous! the same $1K payment you will have on that truck in a mutual fund collecting 12% will be 1.4M in 15 years, what will that truck be worth in 15 years?

#20 ·
I would like to see a corvette or a mutual fund pull 20,000lbs. j/k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.