Highlight Video... pretty good stuff - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jeremiah, this thread has received 28 replies and been viewed 2864 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Highlight Video... pretty good stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=MRfY...eature=channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 PM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
Looks like this thing is gonna be a monster

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Hacky!

Send a message via Yahoo to Binderpower
I do like the looks of this truck. I can see they made some badly needed refinements in styling. They are subtle. To be fair to all, I like the look of this truck better than the 2011 Ford. The ford looks like a pig nose right now. At first glance, that is what I see. Just my 2 cents. Not that looks has anything to do with performance. It will be interesting to say the least how these two will compare as we get closer.

I still have to emphasize that this HP war is getting ridiculous. By trying to outdo the other, they are compromising longevity and overal reliability of the drivetrain. What the heck was wrong with 250-350hp range trucks. They are still on the road and putting miles on reliably. (my truck is 1996 F350 with approximately 250 HP). The only thing I have done to my truck is replace the water pump, alternator, 1 ball joint, glow plugs, glow plug relay, and cps. I have a 5 speed manual. I have flushed and changed fluid in the tranny, and differentials twice now.

I am not looking for gobs of HP as a daily driver, and work truck. I just want something that will get the job done reliably. Seriously, many of these trucks will be daily drivers to the local pubs, grocers, hard ware store etc. Guys will say hey look at my new wheels. - "I have 400 hp and I can burn the rubber off my rims." - Real practical in my book. I already see in my area many guys driving a diesel with nothing behind them, nothing in the box etc.

Why farm half when you can FARMALL!

Give fools their gold, and knaves their power;
Let fortune's bubbles rise and fall;
Who sows a field, or trains a flower,
Or plants a tree, is more than all.- Whittier.

"A Liberal is a person who will giveaway everything he doesn't own

When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both
Diesel Power
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Just because YOU cant justify having a truck and not using it like one doesnt mean others cant do what they want with theirs... I dont use my truck like a truck 90% of the time, but when I have the need, its there. I would however enjoy to have the daily driving power of 400hp, with mid 20 mpgs. You cant beat that versatility.

'03 F250 CCSB SRW, SCT, K&N, MBRP STRAIGHT PIPED, SNOW STG 3, LIFTED 6" ON 37'S, RCD's EGR DELETE, AP HD200, TP STG 1 FUEL SYSTEM, HYPERMAX STG 1 INJECTORS, ARP'S, ID TUNED, VARIOUS LITTLE GOODIES...
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 PM

to bad you dont get 400hp
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Hacky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33615 View Post
Just because YOU cant justify having a truck and not using it like one doesnt mean others cant do what they want with theirs... I dont use my truck like a truck 90% of the time, but when I have the need, its there. I would however enjoy to have the daily driving power of 400hp, with mid 20 mpgs. You cant beat that versatility.

I love it when guys speak for you. I did not say others can't do it. Last I recall, we still have free speech. I myself can't justify it for myself period-my opinion. Trust me, I have more than enough power already. I have the capability and the excess when needed. Your hauling dead weight. That is my peace...

You sure can beat that versatility if you are using it to your advantage-hmmm, making money doing it rings a bell in my book rather than burning all the HP doing nothing. Kinda brings up the old adage, "going nowhere fast."

I always remind myself of the turtle and the rabbit. I have lived with too many old timers, and those are my life lessons. And you know what, there still here, and so am I.

I can pull out a dumptruck with a 1 hp motor if wanted too.

Diesel Power
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 09:05 PM

I'm all for free speech, trust me. I just recall in post #3 where you had a "rant" about people not using the power of these trucks for "good" use. Last time I checked, a majority of folks on this forum would fall into your catergory of useless truck owners... I say, why pull a dump truck with 1hp when pulling it with 1000hp would be much more fun...

Keep in mind: JMO

'03 F250 CCSB SRW, SCT, K&N, MBRP STRAIGHT PIPED, SNOW STG 3, LIFTED 6" ON 37'S, RCD's EGR DELETE, AP HD200, TP STG 1 FUEL SYSTEM, HYPERMAX STG 1 INJECTORS, ARP'S, ID TUNED, VARIOUS LITTLE GOODIES...
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Hacky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33615 View Post
I'm all for free speech, trust me. I just recall in post #3 where you had a "rant" about people not using the power of these trucks for "good" use. Last time I checked, a majority of folks on this forum would fall into your catergory of useless truck owners... I say, why pull a dump truck with 1hp when pulling it with 1000hp would be much more fun...

Keep in mind: JMO

I bolden what you said, and I can't read anything in my first statment #3 saying what you said I said. I called it the way I see it.

No where does it read "not using the power of these trucks for GOOD use.

I just think you are reading way beyond my statement and again putting additional text into it. It is as if I were to say I was a white man, and you calling me a red man, black man etc and I am trying to prove to you that I am actually white. Now I have to defend an honest statement. Your making more out of it than what is stated. If you can't seem to grasp the truth ( which I am clearly stating), then why is it such a hard term to grasp. Can't a person call it for what it is. I don't care if a guy has a 1000HP truck and drives it daily. Good for that person, but you won't see me doing it. I can't justify wasting 700+ HP everyday for myself. If I was in competition pulling, racing, etc, no problem having a truck like that, but I am spending additional fuel and money that I don't need to. I am trying to be as civil as possible about this.

I pay attention to public speakers every day. I have and I can clearly understand how frustrating it can be. There words can be easily turned around and used against them. I guess public opinion is outlawed?

I guess I thought I made a nice gesture towards the new duramax, but this is turning out to be just another bashing.

Diesel Power
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 10:55 PM

Well good chat... Its kinda like text messaging, theres no emotion or tone to it, so its difficult for people to understand each other...

Anyhow I think the new 6.6l will be a beast to say the least. Hopefully its not "stretched thin" like the engineer stated... And the fact that it will finally be available in Denali trim is awesome!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Hacky!

Agree with ya bud 100% on what you just said. No hard feelings here. Concur on the good chat. Many things can be resolved if they are talked out. But yes, no emotion nor tones can be detected when reading off a forum.

And yes, glad to see that they are making little changes to this engine.

Diesel Power

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode