The Diesel Garage banner

Holy Mother of God DJ!

5K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  Const 
#1 ·
Well, everybody knows the looney tune is pretty awesome. I have had it in the truck for quite some time now. ABout 6 months ago right after Houston races, DJ and Vivian wrote me what I called the perfect tune. Saturday they sent me a new tune to try to for my current flash. I figured I would give it a try but thought I had probably reached the max power anyone could get out of a tune. .................pause for effect...................... I was wrong!..................

I loaded up the "Eyeballs are sucked to the back of the head tune" (I am claiming first rights to the name ) and holy mother of pearl I can't keep my truck going straight. The power is almost instant, and my boost numbers are only at 26-28, but they go from 5 psi to 28 psi in about a half second. This file smokes a lot more, (the old one barely had any which is fine) and shift spot on, and firm. My poor 295's are screamin for a "brake"! (pun fully intended). Let the little woman drive home from dinner last night, and she swore that if I leave that tune in she won't drive it again. I'm not exagerating, its almost scary........Just the way I like it. Proof that just when I thought I was done, i'm not. :Thumbup:

#2 ·
So Tim, you are saying that I might actually be better off going and getting the newest flash on my truck and then get some new tunes from DJ? (My truck hasn't been flashed since i bought it)

Sounds awesome man, glad to hear it.

#5 ·
what was different from the old one?

#10 ·
I just got it today. It drives way better than the previous Looney tune I had from last year. The power is very consistent throughout the powerband...

To top all things off I got a race with an older model Mustang (probably about a '96 model). He tried to take off on me at about 40MPH. Throttled into it and left him eating smoke...I came from behind him (about a car length), passed him up, and kept on walking...

Tune seems to be real strong! I like it!

#11 ·
Hi Guys,

The tune is powerful and maintains your EGT's low but it is not a tune we suggest you use all day everyday unless you have headstuds. If you don't have headstuds, keep it as a track file only. We have many variations of the looney which we consider more street files, just ask.

Thanks,
Vivian

#12 ·
does anyone have some vids of this, it sounds mad, power #'s or is the tune this new

#13 ·
mombenz...you mentioned that the EGT's seem to stay low...what kind of boost #'s are you seeing...how hot is the tranny running?

#17 ·
Vivian, please give us some more info on this tune. While I love the looney tune DJ sent me, this one sounds awesome. Also, could it be a daily driver if someone wasn't hammerin his truck all the time?

Finally for dalpilot, how do you drive your truck? Is your truck your daily driver or more for racing?

#21 ·
Another thing I would like to add...

I have a pair of Oakley X-Metal sunglasses. Not sure if anyone knows what they are, but they are basically sunglasses that are solid metal...big, beefy, strong, and HEAVY!

Anyhow, I had my X-metals sitting in the little indention on the top of the dashboard last night. I took off from about 10-15MPH, and they flew off the dash and landed in the back seat...I am still yet to find my cigs that were sitting in the cubby hole under the 4x4 switch...this is taking off in 2wd...have not tried a 4x4 launch yet, but it does take off quite well in 2wd.

#22 ·
rhino49 said:
Vivian, please give us some more info on this tune. While I love the looney tune DJ sent me, this one sounds awesome. Also, could it be a daily driver if someone wasn't hammerin his truck all the time?

Finally for dalpilot, how do you drive your truck? Is your truck your daily driver or more for racing?
Tim :woot:

Thanks Dave :Thumbup:

Jack, unfortunately this tune will not work on your truck. You have an '06 and the file is for a 2003-2004 truck. We are constantly upgrading our tunes, not just the looney. We'll work on your file and send you something new to try for us.

Thanks,
Vivian

#24 ·
Thanks, Vivian. Too bad, sounds like a lot of fun. I absolutely love the looney you guys sent me, but as with "knowledge and life" there is always room for improvement. Also, let me know about exhaust systems you guys have for my truck. I'm thinking of this in the near future.

Appreciate you.

#26 ·
got to try it a little. well as much as i could with a copper two cars back :mafia newayz it seems that everytime i full throttle it i smell coolant heavy. ive contacted vivian about this but the power dosent seem to much more than the looney i had in b4. just a lot of coolant smell. i guess i really need guages and studs :popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.