Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com - View Single Post - 6.0 SCT XCal 2 W/CUSTOM TUNES
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
NMU98

6.0 SCT XCal 2 W/CUSTOM TUNES

I recieved the SCT in the mail today and promeptly went to the truck to try it out... My first impressions were that this thing is built well and the buttons are crisp. The LCD screen is very clear and easy to read. The instuctions are fool proof and the unit is the fastest programer I have ever seen!

I ordered up 3 tunes (Performance, Light Towing, and Heavy Towing) I have tried them all and I am suprised how nice and fast the tranny adapts to each.

The Performance tune gives you a very nice petal... You only need the top 1/4 and if you get a little to deep into it from the start, it will spin the tires.. A nice suprise.

I tried out the light towing and heavy towing tunes while towing the boat around.. 7,000 pounds... and it turned that motor into a little torque dog compared to stock!

I have been reading about these tuners for some time now wondering if they are any different from the other programers out there... And they are... I can not say enough about the buttons... While others leave you guessing if the button was pushed, this one gives you confidence in each push. The screen and completion of operations are flawless.. and the units ability to hook up to a labtop with free downloaded fsoftware is unmatched. I have not had the time to data log yet, but this feature excites me to be able to see whats happening, and be able to tweek any other mods to mesh with the custom tunes, or have then tweeked as needed...

Here are some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WebDSC02341.jpg (58.1 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg WebDSC02342.jpg (63.3 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg WebDSC02343.jpg (61.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg WebDSC02344.jpg (56.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg WebDSC02345.jpg (37.0 KB, 77 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome