The Diesel Garage banner

Lifting 08 F350 SD

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  mschwing82 
#1 ·
My buddy just got his 08 F-350 short bed srw 6.4 superduty last thursday and Monday the Kelderman 5-15" lift arived at the shop. un packed everything Tuesday and started tearing into it yesterday. I will post picks of the project as I put it together. I dont get home from work until 4:30 so I will only get a little bit done each day. Here it is so far

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m106/michael82_2006/

#2 ·
Looks good! Nice truck..cant wait to see the end results

#7 ·
The second pic with the Coor Light on the lift is a keeper. Beer+Truck+Work=final product. Without one or the other its just another product. Good looking truck.

I havent lifted the back of my truck, just have air bags, and still my goose neck trailers drag the ground sometimes, even with the tounge all the way up.

#8 ·
Farmboy162005 said:
The second pic with the Coor Light on the lift is a keeper. Beer+Truck+Work=final product. Without one or the other its just another product. Good looking truck.

I havent lifted the back of my truck, just have air bags, and still my goose neck trailers drag the ground sometimes, even with the tounge all the way up.

Hey its just a hobby shop, and I promise I diddnt open that beer until I was done working. Dad and I are into jeeping so we have the shop to work on them and then I do lifts on the side for friends.

I had 10" added to the tongue of the trailer to make it higher then I lift the adjustible coupler all the way up for my truck and lower it all the wat for my dads truck.

#10 ·
That truck is going to look killer...And your red truck is bad ***!

#11 ·
mschwing82, did you have to do anything special to the fifth wheel in your sig to be able to tow it? I currently have 8.5 to 9 inches and am going to upgrade toyhaulers soon. I have counted out getting a fiver due to the height but you don't seem to have any probs... any tips on that?

#13 ·
sredish said:
mschwing82, did you have to do anything special to the fifth wheel in your sig to be able to tow it? I currently have 8.5 to 9 inches and am going to upgrade toyhaulers soon. I have counted out getting a fiver due to the height but you don't seem to have any probs... any tips on that?
I just fliped the axels. But I only have maybe 6" between the bed rails and the trailer, when the trailer is level its level with the bed I then have to raise it up to put it on my truck. Its close and I have to be careful but its worth it having the fiver.

Just for comparison my bed rails are at 65".

#14 ·
Looks good

#15 ·
does the trailer tow any worse, is wind any harder on it or does it seem more top heavy with the axles flipped?

and... can you control the distance between the bed rails and the trailer, like on a gooseneck where you can adjust the neck? I'd probably consider using a gooseneck adapter as well, if it'd be feasible with my setup, as I tow a lot of goosenecks for work and it'd be a real PITA otherwise.

#16 ·
sredish said:
does the trailer tow any worse, is wind any harder on it or does it seem more top heavy with the axles flipped?

and... can you control the distance between the bed rails and the trailer, like on a gooseneck where you can adjust the neck? I'd probably consider using a gooseneck adapter as well, if it'd be feasible with my setup, as I tow a lot of goosenecks for work and it'd be a real PITA otherwise.
I dont feel it tows worse but I never towed it before I lifted the truck and no it dosnt feel top heavy. I can control the distance but with my truck being so high I have to have the minimum clerance and the trailer still sits high in the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.