New gauges - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by inline6359, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 729 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to inline6359
New gauges

Well before the stacks go in i think i may get new gauges. I want a fuel pressure, boost, and egt. (wish they made a 4 gauge pillar for dodge but they dont ) I have looked around and it seems that the two i like the most is isspros new black bezel guages and the stewart warner chamelion (sp?) gauges. I am leaning towards the warner gauges because few peopl have them that i know and i like the ability to change the colors without coming up with my own system. But i have some questions about them. Is the chamelion system a gauge or just a lighting system, can it cycle through the colors without me tapping the button every few seconds, and how much are we talking. i only know of one vendor that has them but anybody with information i would like to chime in.

Rick

I know nothing just another poser.:Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

Rick,
In my obviously biased opinion (see Sig) I think you should definitely get the ISSPRO gauges. :

Seriously, it appears that the S-W Chameleon system is just a replacement for 194-bulb lighting (actually replaces each #194 bulb). It would appear to be usable with any brand of gauges which use 194 bulbs. I have placed an order for a system, so I'll be personally confirming if they will work. Just so you know, ISSPRO is a TDG sponsor and I personally hang out here a lot. If you ever have any questions or issues just PM or e-mail me.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska

ISSPRO Engineering Manager

1995 F350 PSD Crew Cab Dually, 271k miles
10 ISSPRO Prototype Performax™ gauges in Pillar & Overhead pods & sitting on dash, Tymar Intake, Gutted EBPV, Tymar 3x4" downpipe, Tymar 5" exhaust, Cat's hiding in the shed, Baby Swamps, Swamps tunes, Tricumulator springs and Accumulator Valve, Tru-Cool 4590 Trans Cooler, Lock-Right Locker
1998 S&S 9.5' slide-in camper
32' enclosed tag trailer with 2 drag cars (73 Vega Super-Gas & 74 Vega ET Super-Pro)
1992 GMC Typhoon, 1973 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 1973 Trans-Am 455
2000 VW Jetta TDI - Kerma tune, Der Chimera Stage II Clutch
NRA member and certified firearms instructor, GOA Life member, IDPA member
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to inline6359
michael thanks for the reply. What caught my eye on these chamelion gauges was the ability to change colors and have it cyce if i wanted. I like the isspros better but i want something different, and it seems the only way i can do it is the lighting system. If you come up with a way to change the lighting let me know i would gladly get the isspros. probably 2-3 weeks i will get gauges for the truck. If you dont mind can you get me a PM on a prices for a 3gauge pillar p[os, fuel pressure na dfittings for my 12v, pyro, and boost gauge. I was also wondering what other gauges you sell, these two i like but i am still looking.

thanks Rick

I know nothing just another poser.:Thumbup:
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

Rick,
As far as I can tell, you could use a SW Chameleon system with ISSPRO gauges. I noticed that the retail websites have the separate Chameleon system listed without prices (if you have to ask, you can't afford it?) :shrug:

I can let you know for sure when mine comes in, whether it works with our gauges. One of the really fun parts of my job is buying the competitors stuff and wringing it out!

We will be coming out with similar functionality as an integral part of a new line of gauges, but they are still several months out.

As far as other gauges, we have a pretty decent selection listed on our website: http://www.isspro.com click on "Products" on the left side menu.

There are some gauges which are not listed, so drop me a line if you can't find what you're looking for.

I will be sending a PM regarding pricing.

Thanks and regards,
Michael Pliska

ISSPRO Engineering Manager

1995 F350 PSD Crew Cab Dually, 271k miles
10 ISSPRO Prototype Performax™ gauges in Pillar & Overhead pods & sitting on dash, Tymar Intake, Gutted EBPV, Tymar 3x4" downpipe, Tymar 5" exhaust, Cat's hiding in the shed, Baby Swamps, Swamps tunes, Tricumulator springs and Accumulator Valve, Tru-Cool 4590 Trans Cooler, Lock-Right Locker
1998 S&S 9.5' slide-in camper
32' enclosed tag trailer with 2 drag cars (73 Vega Super-Gas & 74 Vega ET Super-Pro)
1992 GMC Typhoon, 1973 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 1973 Trans-Am 455
2000 VW Jetta TDI - Kerma tune, Der Chimera Stage II Clutch
NRA member and certified firearms instructor, GOA Life member, IDPA member
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 05:44 AM

Well it seems you shop at all the wrong places. I can get you the SW 3 gauges and pillar pod for a very competative price with the chameleon light system FREE! There is a slight delay in getting this setup because the lighting systems are custom built per order.

Yes the chameleon light system will work with any gauges that use the standard gauge light socket. As far as we know the chameleon system is not available as a seperate purchase.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode