The Diesel Garage banner

5" exhaust

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MBRP Tech 
#1 ·
ok, here's the thing. i already have a 4" turbo back straight exhaust. i want to keep my 4" DP but step it up to a 5" from there back. who can get me a 5" exhaust, probably needs to be cat-back, with a cat-delete pipe(to step it up from 4" to 5"), muffler-delete pipe, and a 6" tip. also, preferably t-409, dont want to shell out for the 304.

thanks
Garrett

#8 ·
no, ive made up my mind. im goin stacks! 6". i wanted straights but now thinking about mitre cuts. either way, im going for the stacks. going to customize it a little and have another y-pipe with a cut-out, a muffler, and a dump after that. then i can be loud when i want and not so loud for the long trips to the river or desert or if i want to have a conversation. hehe.

Garrett

#10 ·
I am new to the Diesel thing and would like to get up to speed as fast as possible.

I am getting a 2006 Duramax LBZ GMC and would like to change the exhaust right away. I will be towing a Toy Box of about 8,000 pounds (Not much for a diesel) and would like to know; what are the good and bad of 4" vrs 5" exhaust? Is there a down side to having 5" from Turbo back? I see most have 4" down tubes is there a reason that someone wouldn't want to have bigger down tube. I setup Baja Race Bikes and going to big on the exhaust you loose your low end but, gain power in the higher rpm's. Does this hold true with diesels?

I will want the best power programer to adjust the speedo and increese power/fuel milage. I have a 2004 lifted silverodo with a 5.3l, JBA headers, Mac 4" exhaust, cold air induction, and the diablo preditor tuner but, It is not the same as diesel so I need to get the best info it get this right the first time.

I went with the Duramax because my friend got a 2005 Chevy Duramax and it is a nice truck.

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

#11 ·
the 5in IMO has a great sound but it can develop a drone at higher RPMs but if you gut the cat it works as a resonator and gets rid of that, up side to 5in great EGT reductions, and i recommend getting rid of that diablo predator it can put out really high EGTs

#12 ·
i think he's got the diablo predator in his gas job? Not sure tho but thats what i think he said...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.