Stacks - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sharx ram, this thread has received 34 replies and been viewed 1501 times.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 448
Points: 7,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stacks

Iam looking to put a set of stacks on my truck so I went to grand Rock's web site, looked under dealer and it shows the Diesel Garage, so I take it I can buy them through here or how does that work? Also is there any club discount? :thanks:
sharx ram is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,939
Points: 48,235
Thanks: 27
Thanked 60 Times in 44 Posts
I moved this into the vendor forum so that Grand Rock will see it.
TheBac is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
fordt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Points: 0 [Check]
The Diesel Garage itself is not a vendor. Josh will be online shortly and he con point you in a direction of a vendor that is. :Thumbup:
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Quarry trash
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 137
Points: 53,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to firedawg
I went through Diesel performance plus and I am very pleased. Cheapest prices I found anywhere.

2004 F250 4 door FX4 6.0 auto transmission 4inches lift and 35x12.50x16.5 bfg's home made straight pipe and cat delete sct x2 egr delete and more:evil:

421.4HP 724.3TQ
Dunbar's dyno

Can you keep up?
firedawg is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
crzycowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio, Madison
Posts: 3,353
Points: 57,496
Thanks: 119
Thanked 169 Times in 113 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to crzycowboy
Sorry about this guys, our web designer made a small mistake, he associated the Forums we sponser with distributors. Sorry about that, we are updating our site again, so that should fix that little problem. Now to answer you question, We have many distributors on this site, and I have many more that do not advertise on line. You can contact someone here, or you can call me, and we can see if we have someone closer to home per say.....


powered by Grand Rock

Josh Stewart
Technical Specialist

440-639-2000 (local phone)
800-321-3674 (Toll Free)
440-639-2010 (Fax)
[email protected] (email)
Visit our Grand Rock /Powerflow Store here: Grand Rock Store /Powerflow Store
crzycowboy is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 990
Points: 52,729
Thanks: 11
Thanked 81 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycowboy
Sorry about this guys, our web designer made a small mistake, he associated the Forums we sponser with distributors. Sorry about that, we are updating our site again, so that should fix that little problem. Now to answer you question, We have many distributors on this site, and I have many more that do not advertise on line. You can contact someone here, or you can call me, and we can see if we have someone closer to home per say.....
I have a question if you don't mind....

apparently the GR kit comes with 36" stacks. I planned on purchasing some myself but, if I can't keep the stacks at cab height level I'm not sure i want to do it.

Can you please tell me what the height is from the bed to the top of the cab?

And, if that height is more than I want.... can they be ordered to fit the height I want?

Thanks!
triton is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 448
Points: 7,145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Triron, I believe a 36" stack comes just above the cab, but only by an inch or 2...that was my hang up also.
sharx ram is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Cummins Man
 
Dazedandconfused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rabbit Hash, Ky
Posts: 980
Points: 5,286
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Guys you want them a little above the cab or you will get a terible drone in the cab.

Andy

04 Duramax
93 Dodge D-250
91 Dodge D-350
84 Dodge D-150
Dazedandconfused is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
crzycowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio, Madison
Posts: 3,353
Points: 57,496
Thanks: 119
Thanked 169 Times in 113 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to crzycowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton
I have a question if you don't mind....

apparently the GR kit comes with 36" stacks. I planned on purchasing some myself but, if I can't keep the stacks at cab height level I'm not sure i want to do it.

Can you please tell me what the height is from the bed to the top of the cab?

And, if that height is more than I want.... can they be ordered to fit the height I want?

Thanks!
Our kits do not come with stacks. They are sold seperate for many reasons, one of which is yours. I do not know the height you are asking, you would have to measure that your self. Keep in mind that the Y-Pipe in the truck bed sits about a half inch off the floor of the bed, and the elbows going up are 12 inches. The Elbows are expanded so the stacks will slide in the elbow, you will lose about 3" off of the stack when they are installed. When they are installed correctly, the stacks will stick over the cab about 2-4 inches. The 4" and 5" stacks you can cut down if you want or need. Once you go to the 6" and 7" stacks you are limited to how much you cut down. (If any) Yes you can have stacks made to your spec's., but will take close to 8-10 weeks. I hope this answerd your questions!:Thumbup:


powered by Grand Rock

Josh Stewart
Technical Specialist

440-639-2000 (local phone)
800-321-3674 (Toll Free)
440-639-2010 (Fax)
[email protected] (email)
Visit our Grand Rock /Powerflow Store here: Grand Rock Store /Powerflow Store
crzycowboy is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 990
Points: 52,729
Thanks: 11
Thanked 81 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycowboy
Our kits do not come with stacks. They are sold seperate for many reasons, one of which is yours. I do not know the height you are asking, you would have to measure that your self. Keep in mind that the Y-Pipe in the truck bed sits about a half inch off the floor of the bed, and the elbows going up are 12 inches. The Elbows are expanded so the stacks will slide in the elbow, you will lose about 3" off of the stack when they are installed. When they are installed correctly, the stacks will stick over the cab about 2-4 inches. The 4" and 5" stacks you can cut down if you want or need. Once you go to the 6" and 7" stacks you are limited to how much you cut down. (If any) Yes you can have stacks made to your spec's., but will take close to 8-10 weeks. I hope this answerd your questions!:Thumbup:
Thanks... you did answer my question. Sorry you had to write this twice.... I noticed in another stack post you said the same thing.

In your opinion.... which would be better.... the muffler inserts or an actual muffler under the truck like a Aero ? I sure don't want a bad drone in the cab
but, a little rumble would hurt ;-)
triton is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome