Shoutout to Innovative Diesel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ALBOB, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 878 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Shoutout to Innovative Diesel

Just got off the phone with Ted and WOW, am I impressed. I've been interested in one of their performance packages and finally got my wife to let go of the checkbook. Wanted to make sure every single question was answered before plopping down that much $$$. Ted was VERY patient and VERY knowledgable. Hopefully the install will go as smoothly.

I'll keep everybody posted on how the installations go and the results. Thanks Ted. :Thumbup:

Rules? You mean there are rules for that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 06:29 PM

Agreed!!
Ted is a great guy to deal with and Erics tunes are awesome:Thumbup:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
powerstrokes rule

eric does build awesome tunes, yesterday he live tunes my truck on the dyno, and what he can do with his labtop is great. thanks eric. the truck runs stronger than ever

2003 F-350 crew cab 4X4 6 leaker
a few mods

[email protected]
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 01:48 AM

I just hopped on the xcal2 boat about 3 days ago and dealed with eric also. great service! it was about 5 or 6pm here on the west coast and he was still emailing me and even got me a canned tune that night! (cuz I bought a used xcal2 and had to have the device erased) I thought it was extreme street but it was only the street tune. lol it's a whole different truck and the shifting is amazing. it really trumps the edge I had on. you're gonna love it albob!

2003 6.0 f250 ccsb 4x4 auto
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 01:52 PM
TDG Mafia Member#67

i agree, erics tunes are great! sometimes it takes a lil while to get ahold of em (cuz theyre usually pretty busy)...but its always worth it!:Thumbup:

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Update: I received the Volant Cold Air Intake a mere two days after placing my order. I was getting a bit worried about the exhaust because I hadn't received a shipping notification. Just as I sent an e-mail to Eric asking about when the exhaust would ship, the UPS man knocked on my front door with a big beautiful package marked "MBPR". After sending in the code from my computer I received shipping notification that the SCT Xcalibrator is on it's way and should be here by Thursday. Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend installing all the new toys.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

YEAH BABY!!!

Okay, here's the list; Volant Cold Air Intake, MBPR Exhaust with Cat delete and Xcal2 (Economy, Tow and Street tunes). Installed everything this weekend and WOW! The first time I mashed the gas pedal I was making a left out of our development and did the best fishtail I've ever done. I must have left 30 yards of rubber behind me. What made it even more impressive is my wife grabbed her seat and screamed at me to knock it off. I love it when I get her to do that. :evil:

Note to anybody thinking of getting the Volant: Once it's in, it fits well and looks nice. But you need to be VERY patient, it's not easy to install. The supplied instructions don't really exist so it's a "real man's" dream. Also, if they forget to send you the special tool you need to get the MAS sensor off your stock unit, just go ahead and call Volant and have them send it to you. I ended up drilling out the screws and using an EZ-out. Got the job done, but it would have been easier with the right tool.

Thanks again to Eric and Ted from Innovative Diesel. I loved my truck before, but now.......................YEAH BABY!!!:Thumbup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode