Thanks Vivian and Dj - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Rigwelder25, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 604 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Talking Thanks Vivian and Dj

I just wanna tell Mrs. Vivian thanks for the tunes! I finally got my SCT to work after all the trouble I had trying to figure out why it wouldn't work on my truck but finally it does. The looney is really awesome but it's actually alittle bit much for my truck to be honest, I feel like I'm gonna tear my driveshaft or rearend out or something but I like the street smoke tune the best for the amount of weight I've got I my truck with the welding machine and welding bed. Once again thanks to DJ's for help me get the power out of my 6.0L:Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:37 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Glad to here you got it working... :Thumbup: to DJ and Vivian
Watch your egts on that street smoke with pulling weight around, having full fuel before full boost in tunes can shoot up the egts.

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarriveau
Glad to here you got it working... :Thumbup: to DJ and Vivian
Watch your egts on that street smoke with pulling weight around, having full fuel before full boost in tunes can shoot up the egts.
what he said lol "" i love my looney wild tune =]]" not a toy
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

How much boost should I run with these tunes? I'm scared I might get to much and blow a head gasket!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 11:08 PM

I'm guessing this is Jason. :thanks: and I'm glad you got it working. What was it finally?

DJ is working on a couple of trucks now but we'll give you a call to understand more and make sure you have the best files for your applications.

Thanks,
Vivian
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yes this is Jason, well I was just wondering about a few things like what boost is safe and the tranny shifts pretty firm is that normal or what? I just don't wanna tear my tranny up, and I noticed that with the street smoke when I get on it my egt's go up really quick is the looney the same way or what cause I only ran the looney for about a day then I stepped it down a notch. But again thanks alot.:thanks:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 05:24 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigwelder25
Yes this is Jason, well I was just wondering about a few things like what boost is safe and the tranny shifts pretty firm is that normal or what? I just don't wanna tear my tranny up, and I noticed that with the street smoke when I get on it my egt's go up really quick is the looney the same way or what cause I only ran the looney for about a day then I stepped it down a notch. But again thanks alot.:thanks:

Run that looney all day every day!!!:Thumbup: Did you load the tune and then baby it for a bit letting if shift threw all the gears a couple times? i do that then slowly get agressive the 4th time, then i shut it off wait 5 min and my problems are gone...drive it like you stole it:

With my looney the egts do get warm but i would say if its just truck weight no trailer i can beat it down the free way for a lil wile before my egts will hit 1400 then i slow down cause doing over 100 is going to get some attention... :roflmao: i belive Pre turbo egts are safe untill 1600 and post turbo 1300 dont quote me on the temps..

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

The TDG TOTQ

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
Hey Vivian how does the 2003 psd on the looney wile run against a 05 and newer with just the looney, seeing that there is not wild for the OH5's and ^..?

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Hi Jason,

DJ was going to call you this morning but I didn't have your telephone number. Unfortunately I still have David's. I sent you an email.

Hi Bill,

You have a very good code and your tunes are good too. It would probably come down to your driving vs. the other driver. Also, the files work differently on different trucks so there are a few variables to consider.

I don't remember exactly where but I went to an event where a gentleman told me a riddle that I really liked.

What do you get when you have a 10-second car and a 14-second driver?

Thanks,
Vivian
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
thats easy.. a wast of a good car and a person that should give up racing... is that right? :roflmao:

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode