all vendors....a minute of your time plx :-) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by triton, this thread has received 16 replies and been viewed 844 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

all vendors....a minute of your time plx :-)

if this isn't cool of me to ask... mods please delete it.

I'm interested in what you vendors would take into consideration when asked to sponsor a race truck ?

yes, I'm asking about my truck. No, it's not a Pro street racer but will be a quick diesel contender eventually if not already.

I'm trying to get any feedback to whether I have a chance or I would be wasting my time ? I know I'm only one of many, many trucks out there but, with the attention my truck bring at the track and just driving down the road.... I feel it would be a great medium for advertising and selling product.

Is my truck worthy of sponsorship....??

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/TOTM/dec07.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
fordt

IMO, you have to ask yourself, how many events can I attend? How many people are at those events, etc. You will need to prove that sponsoiring your truck will provide a quick and healthy ROI (return on investment) for your sponsor. Then you need to work out with the sponsor what type of sponsorship you will receive. Free product, product at a discount, or cash?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordt
IMO, you have to ask yourself, how many events can I attend? How many people are at those events, etc. You will need to prove that sponsoiring your truck will provide a quick and healthy ROI (return on investment) for your sponsor. Then you need to work out with the sponsor what type of sponsorship you will receive. Free product, product at a discount, or cash?
Thanks Dave. Actually I've gone to every National event on the east coast there's been since last year, inckuding Texas. I have 10 events I'm hoping to make it too this year. Sponsorship would help ensure I get to those events. Even without it, I plan to still make every event... it's just gonna be a little harder to do.

All it takes to prove my truck can sell product is to hang out around my truck at any of these events. I'm really not tooting my own horn but, it's a crowd draw and pleaser.

I know this is going to be hard if not impossible to get anyone to want to do this but, IMHO... they're crazy not too ;-)
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
fordt

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton
Thanks Dave.

I'm Wayne :
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:43 PM

Well- this is interesting to say the least and I am not a vendor and cannot support you except to say that you have a great looking, running truck which I have seen in person.

On to the specifics of what "Wayne" said. When your at an event and people look at your truck do people just say - "WOW" that truck is awesome or do they really dig deep and ask questions on how you built it, why you did this vs. doing it another way and of course "how much to do this"? Sponsorship may turn into commission vs. freebies to you. If you hit an event and someone can call a vendor on here and they tell him they saw you, they get a 10% discount for mentioning your name and you get a kickback ???? :Thumbup: Not sure if that would work but it would be another avenue for you to look at.

I just think for someone to get sponsored the ROI has got to be there everytime at every event. Can you find local sponsors for your area since you drive this everywhere that can throw a little $$$ to you?

Just couple of thoughts and ideas from us little guys. Keep up the great work on the truck and will assume I will see it again at Smokin' '08.

Mark
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordt
I'm Wayne :
ahh, yeah... I knew that

sorry man, I had a couple emails with Dave recently which caused that
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prfssr
Well- this is interesting to say the least and I am not a vendor and cannot support you except to say that you have a great looking, running truck which I have seen in person.

On to the specifics of what "Wayne" said. When your at an event and people look at your truck do people just say - "WOW" that truck is awesome or do they really dig deep and ask questions on how you built it, why you did this vs. doing it another way and of course "how much to do this"? Sponsorship may turn into commission vs. freebies to you. If you hit an event and someone can call a vendor on here and they tell him they saw you, they get a 10% discount for mentioning your name and you get a kickback ???? :Thumbup: Not sure if that would work https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...tpost&p=601083
Edit/Delete Messagebut it would be another avenue for you to look at.

I just think for someone to get sponsored the ROI has got to be there everytime at every event. Can you find local sponsors for your area since you drive this everywhere that can throw a little $$$ to you?

Just couple of thoughts and ideas from us little guys. Keep up the great work on the truck and will assume I will see it again at Smokin' '08.

Mark
Thanks for the input and suggestions Mark. You said it... little guy. On the other hand... yes, at every event I've been too, I get into detailed conversations with people about what, where and when is done to my truck. From a 13yr old at Albany recently (which I though was cool because he said he saw may truck in Diesel World and couldn't believe he was seeing it in person ) to guys in their 60's out having a good time. It's great to talk to these people! All I could do is try :-)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 PM

triton, I think that it would mainly come down to what you are looking for in a sponsorship. I currently have a few guys that I give big discounts to because they have one of my large stickers on their truck.

Discount sponsorships are easy to get because your not costing the sponsored company any money other than the sticker and the profit they would have made on products that you buy.

If you looking for free products or cash, it is really going to come down to the amount that you are looking for.

Let me know if I can help,
Kenny
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Performance
triton, I think that it would mainly come down to what you are looking for in a sponsorship. I currently have a few guys that I give big discounts to because they have one of my large stickers on their truck.

Discount sponsorships are easy to get because your not costing the sponsored company any money other than the sticker and the profit they would have made on products that you buy.

If you looking for free products or cash, it is really going to come down to the amount that you are looking for.

Let me know if I can help,
Kenny
I really appreciate the input Kenny. I was hoping to hear from a vendor or two with their thoughts.

I've also got some really good advice from a few others and it's now in the works. I lucked out and have a good friend neighbor who is a marketing agent/professional photographer/graphics designer. Shes already done several portfolios for NASCAR drivers and says shes really excited about working with me to build a professional portfolio for me and my truck. :Thumbup:

So, hopefully all that will help me get somewhere.....Sponsorship of any kind is welcomed as I'd feel pretty privileged to get it period. Your site is bookmarked sir :-)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Just to add a little, my dad and i saw tritons truck in albany and after seeing his truck my dad has decided to try to make a clone,If he would have never seen it there is no doubt that he would have never thought about it! ive seen many trucks but not one of them puts off the same ****** effect as ty's. I think sponsorship would be easy since it IS a daily driver and the sponsor will have more turn around due to more publicity. Hell if i wasnt building my own truck our company would sponsor him!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode