Need Vendors help on some ?'s - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Taylor34, this thread has received 19 replies and been viewed 1295 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Need Vendors help on some ?'s

Alright not trying to be nosy but how many of you are actual owners of these companies...why im asking is bc i am majoring in ag business management and two of my roommates are double majoring in ag diesel technology and diesel truck technology we are in the planning stages of trying to open are own Performance diesel/tractor shop...is it smart to go into a business with two other people or start my own and hire the other guys and make them like vps....and how much does it cost to start up a company like this...and do you get your products straight from the dealers or from other websites

2008 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4, Leather, 20" Roush Rims, Audiophile Sound System, Sunroof, Edge Evolution

"SOLD" 2001 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Long Box CTD, Edge Juice w/Attitude, Airdog 150, BHAF, Silencer Ring Removed, 4in. Straight Pipe w/6in tip, 2in. Leveling Kit, Phase Linear Dvd Player, Linex Bedliner-Rocker Panels-Hood, B&W Gooseneck Hitch
TDG Ridin' Dirty #16
TDG B.O.M.B Squad #16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

this will be a repair shop also for any break downs

2008 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4, Leather, 20" Roush Rims, Audiophile Sound System, Sunroof, Edge Evolution

"SOLD" 2001 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Long Box CTD, Edge Juice w/Attitude, Airdog 150, BHAF, Silencer Ring Removed, 4in. Straight Pipe w/6in tip, 2in. Leveling Kit, Phase Linear Dvd Player, Linex Bedliner-Rocker Panels-Hood, B&W Gooseneck Hitch
TDG Ridin' Dirty #16
TDG B.O.M.B Squad #16
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,064 Times in 566 Posts
Garage
Quote:
If you want to loose a friend, go in business with them
.....just an old saying.

-Wayne
2007 Chevy LBZ 6.6L Classic

Quote:
Age is a hell of a price to pay for maturity.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:37 PM
stock is boring

my dad always said "start small and work your way up the ladder" i know he's right from experience

'04 LB7 4DR LONG BED 4x4
'02 LB7 REG CAB Utility body 2wd
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordt View Post
.....just an old saying.
That is the gospel truth..

Me and 10 friends bought an airport together 12 years ago. I won't say we are not friends. But it sure has strained the relationship.

A few years back one of my brother-in- laws had an idea to buy 80 acres of hunting land together.. I voted that down right away...

The success rates of those types of deals is verry verry low.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

alright thanks guys we were just tossing the idea around one night, but im seriously thinkin about starting a shop like this by myself im in with the diesel instructors pretty good since they use my truck for their demenstrations alot so im thinkin if i could get a business started i could have a never ending stream of kids to choose from that would be fresh out of college and i could also try to get some veterans in it to

TDG Ridin' Dirty #16
TDG B.O.M.B Squad #16
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM

I would try to do the business by your self. The only way I would ever go in on a business deal with someone else is they were only an investor and had no say in the operations of the company.

If you are serious about opening up a shop, now is the time to get all your ducks in a row. Find your suppliers and start looking for a building. But you will need some big funding if you don't have all the tools yet.

Give me a call, I'll be glad to help answer some questions for you.

Thanks,
Kenny Thompson
352-636-0812
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks guys

TDG Ridin' Dirty #16
TDG B.O.M.B Squad #16
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to CrowsSynthetics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Performance View Post
I would try to do the business by your self. The only way I would ever go in on a business deal with someone else is they were only an investor and had no say in the operations of the company.

If you are serious about opening up a shop, now is the time to get all your ducks in a row. Find your suppliers and start looking for a building. But you will need some big funding if you don't have all the tools yet.

Give me a call, I'll be glad to help answer some questions for you.

Thanks,
Kenny Thompson
352-636-0812
I would like to add I agree with Kenny. Make sure you set your self up to fail by not having enough money to go though a dry spell.
You need "your ducks in a row" before opening the doors or start off small as other have said work up the ladder as your business grows.
I know this is a little repetitive I just have seen business fail for lack of funds.
A good example is like my Amsoil business I started out with $30.00 a year investment. As the business grew I was able to take on the vendor cost to hopefully make more money. The Diesel Garage helps me get leads and I sell them a quality product. I try to make service the focal point of my business. Because I know if if you will try Amsoil I have a customer if I provide them with the information needed.
Just for the record I am past the $30 now.
It might help if you took on Amsoil as a way to bring business in the door.
Bill

2003 F250 FX4 SUPERCAB SPORT XLT 7.3 PSD
Amsoil 3000 5w 30 ,Amsoil EaAU Air Filter ,Amsoil Pre filter-EaPF13,
Amsoil Dual Remote By-pass BMK-16A, Amsoil ATF & Transfer case, Amsoil 75w-140 fluid front & rear end, Amsoil Antifreeze Fluid
Edge with Attitude, 4" Turbo Back Exhaust,
5" SS Tip
, Transmission Magnefine filter, Sportman Tonneau Cover & Bush Fender Flairs
Now in the stable a new Black 2009 Jetta Sedan TDI

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 08:49 PM

Work for someone else for awhile, it is expensive paying for your own mistakes. It would also be a huge learning experience, even though it sounds like fun... it is tough to work on rigs 10-12 hours a day and run a business. Take a hard look at your mates, any bad personality traits, habits, etc. If you go into business together, you will see the worst come out, stress is a huge trigger. Not trying to sound cynical, but if you are prepared for the worst, you will survive.

'03 F350 4X4 Supercab, handshaker. 2" lift running 315/75/16 Hankook MTRT03. Zoodad mod, CCV reroute, EGR mod, Brite Box, SCT X3 tuned by DJs Performance, 4" exhaust, on my third turbo. 05' Excursion, stock for now.A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
- Lazarus Long, as written by Robert A. Heinlein

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode