Fittings - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DevilDocTater, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 681 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Member Since Sept 2007

Fittings

Im looking for the fitting i need so i can tap my intake elbow for my boost gauge. I think i need a 1/8NPT 90 degree elbow with a 1/8 inch compression fitting for the boost line??

Im also looking for an 1/8NPT tee fitting that fits into where your factory oil temp sending unit is so that i can run it and my oil temp gauge. I would think it would have to have 1 male and 2 female connections??

I would rather support the vendors here before i try Jegs or Summit

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Wade

"The best Battlefield Medicine is firepower superiority and overwhelming violence!"

SLAPS Member #193
Singles Club #212

3rd Degree Master Mason

2004 F-350 6.0 6" suspension lift sitting on 35's 6spd MANUAL 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, AFE Air Box, (ARP Studs, New HG's and Complete EGR Delete by Josh at River City Diesel) Coolant Filter from Dfuser, Stainless Steel Up-Pipe from RCD, 4 gauge pillar with Autometer Phantom Series 1 gauges. Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and Oil Temp. Shimmed FPR. Improved Banjo Bolts. Fabtechs all around with a Procomp steering stabilizer from RCD. SCT X3 tuned by RCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 02:24 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDocTater View Post
Im looking for the fitting i need so i can tap my intake elbow for my boost gauge. I think i need a 1/8NPT 90 degree elbow with a 1/8 inch compression fitting for the boost line??

Im also looking for an 1/8NPT tee fitting that fits into where your factory oil temp sending unit is so that i can run it and my oil temp gauge. I would think it would have to have 1 male and 2 female connections??

I would rather support the vendors here before i try Jegs or Summit

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Wade
i take it my pm didn't go threw from my phone? its standard plumbing stuff you can get at, lowes, home depot, and or ace hardware.. Im sorry if i intrude on any sale but in reality it will end up costing more to ship the part then its worth just to buy

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Member Since Sept 2007
Threadstarter

I looked at both Home Depot and Lowes and they didnt have anything close. I went to the local commercial plumbing supply ans they are supposed to get back with me, the 90 degree elbow isnt hard to find, its the tee that seems to be eluding me.....

"The best Battlefield Medicine is firepower superiority and overwhelming violence!"

SLAPS Member #193
Singles Club #212

3rd Degree Master Mason

2004 F-350 6.0 6" suspension lift sitting on 35's 6spd MANUAL 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, AFE Air Box, (ARP Studs, New HG's and Complete EGR Delete by Josh at River City Diesel) Coolant Filter from Dfuser, Stainless Steel Up-Pipe from RCD, 4 gauge pillar with Autometer Phantom Series 1 gauges. Boost, Pyro, Fuel Pressure and Oil Temp. Shimmed FPR. Improved Banjo Bolts. Fabtechs all around with a Procomp steering stabilizer from RCD. SCT X3 tuned by RCD
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:02 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
I think your over looking it..

this also shows shipping is more then the parts its self

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

The TDG TOTQ

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Member Since Sept 2007
Threadstarter

Amazon is the last place i would have looked........lol the places i have looked locally didnt have anything remotely close to that, and i like that fitting better because i comes with the plugs and i has an ectra port for when i later add my oil pressure gauge.

Thanks for the help bill, i envy people like you that can find stuff that quick.....

I owe you many beers!!!!

-Wade

SLAPS Member #193
Singles Club #212

3rd Degree Master Mason

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:16 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
in the styles box select tees...

http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php

key with a T is not to make it heavy.. the "could" break if the metal is brittle.. had it happen on a civic i owned but it was also in the back of the block so the sender HUNG from it kinda pulling on it.

best bet is to run a small line from the port to the T, this way all vibration is dampened..

you should have no problem. im just rambling now

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

Last edited by Bcarriveau; 10-23-2009 at 04:21 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Member Since Sept 2007
Threadstarter

Thats a good freakin idea!!!

Do me a favor and read the post from bgastrk in that thread i posted in 6.0 forum and tell me what you think

Thanks.....again

SLAPS Member #193
Singles Club #212

3rd Degree Master Mason

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 04:34 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDocTater View Post
Thats a good freakin idea!!!

Do me a favor and read the post from bgastrk in that thread i posted in 6.0 forum and tell me what you think

Thanks.....again
just replied to it.. Have a good night. i need some sleep

Da Rules..Here
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 07:39 PM

The oil temp sender uses straight thread o-ring boss fittings. Wade, you might be better off getting a oil filter cap that is pre threaded with the 1/8" npt that the sender would screw directly into. Or if you are serious about the oil bypass and relo you could also screw it into there.

Josh Davis
32 Lugnuts, 4 gallons of rotella Syn, 5 gallons of coolant, Two Heads, 8 Pistons, 7 U-Joints, 8 Injectors and some exhaust.
You know you are doing something right when the Ford dealers call you for parts.
6.0L Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2w7Ciaut8
6.4L Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmgiQg4G8E
WWW.RIVERCITYDIESEL.COM
(309) 699-2488

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode