Bed Floor Material - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Zaairman, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1307 times.

Poll: What type of bed floor?
Poll Options
What type of bed floor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title

Send a message via AIM to Zaairman
Bed Floor Material

Quick question, what type of bed floor would you want in your truck? The factory raised ridged bed floor, or a checker plate floor (diamond plate, only not aluminum). Reason I ask is, most of you know my bed floor is shot. My friend at work (shop foreman) recommended just re-doing the entire floor in 1/8" checker plate. I originally didn't want to do it, but then I got to thinking about it. It'd be much stronger, and cheaper. I already have a "new" bed, but it needs a new bedside. And its white. My original plan was to take the bedsides off of both beds, and swap them, but after getting one of the white bedsides off (the bad one), that would take forever and be a pain to put back together (lining it up right, making it look good, etc). And it'd cost more to go that way. I could easily sell the bed for what I bought it for. So, thoughts? Comments?

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.
20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs, waiting on tires

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 11:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to squeeky Send a message via Yahoo to squeeky
I think that the way they are from the factory are just fine.

Tyler
My Rig--2002 CCSB, D/A, Charcoal Grey. Leather, Debadged & 4x4 stickers gone, 5% tint on top of factory tint , Diablo Sport Predator, 4" straight pipe w/ 6" tip, HID 55w 6000k, Moto Metal Wheels, Air Lift rear airbags, SuperGlide 5th wheel, TTT Mirrors, AVIC N-2, Uniden CB., High Idle mod, Cheap Wal-Mart fog lights for back-up lights, Line-x, Amsoil By-pass System, Espar Heater, Cobalt boost & pyro gauges.
American Club #25, B.O.M.B. Squad #50, Farm Club #25

"Lane Frost and Freckles Brown made bull riding a sport people wanted to see, sponsors wanted to be a part of, and television wanted to show whether it was on the news or otherwise. There have always been great bull riders but when you look at those two, they weren't just bull riders, they were stars."
-Tuff Hedeman
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Garage
Considering what you got goin on, it might be best to just do the checker plate.

Alex C.

R.I.P. 2006 F-250 CC SB Fx4. w/ 500 RWHP *stolen 7/15/2010*

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

Singles Club # 182 - B.O.M.B Squad # 14 - American Club #23
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokerDude View Post
Considering what you got goin on, it might be best to just do the checker plate.
Yeah... Buddy took a look at it the other day. He said I'm pretty well f'd with the current bed and should look into the other bed.

Zach
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 07:38 PM

Are you going to line the checker plate if that is how you go? Stuff might slide around if you don't. You might try finding a bed a a salvage yard.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftman View Post
Are you going to line the checker plate if that is how you go? Stuff might slide around if you don't. You might try finding a bed a a salvage yard.
He has a second one from a salvage yard. One of the bedsides is no good though. The sides on the current one are good, but it is a lot of work to switch it out.

Alex C.

1990 F350 CCLB 4x4 -- 24V Cummins, 200hp DDP's, SuperB over S475-sx3, Cam and valvesprings, Spe-rite Convertor, Billet input.

www.JeffersonStateDiesel.com --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokerDude View Post
He has a second one from a salvage yard. One of the bedsides is no good though. The sides on the current one are good, but it is a lot of work to switch it out.
Bingo... But I'm thinking that once it warms up, a case of beer and BBQ and I'll have my bedside off and on the new bed.

Zach

SLAPS Member #153

Donut Video
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
Bingo... But I'm thinking that once it warms up, a case of beer and BBQ and I'll have my bedside off and on the new bed.
Sounds like you got the "motivation" figured out.

When you take the bed off of your truck, if you didn't already know it there is a cable on each frame rail that goes through one of the crossmembers of the bed close to the front of the wheels. When I removed the bed once on my 99 I had a buddy help me lift it off just to find that we could pick it up a few inches and go nowhere, till we found those cables anyway.

Have fun with it when you get ready to do it man. Two decently strong guys can lift off a shortbed without too much trouble, three is best though.

Alex C.

The Following User Says Thank You to StrokerDude For this addition to TDG:
Zaairman (01-07-2009)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Mod Friendly Title
Threadstarter

Me and two buddies moved the long bed no problem.

Thanks for the tip on the cables, I'll have to look for that.

Zach

SLAPS Member #153

Donut Video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode