Spring Giveaway trivia questions
Here are the questions you need to answer to be included in the giveaway. Don't forget about the essay either. We will not PM you back stating if you got any wrong. You can PM your answers to either myself, crzycowboy, Bouncer, Rcannon or hhrecovery.
1. What was the first diesel engine designed to run on?
2. What is the mystery surrounding Rudolph Diesel's death?
3. Who owns the diesel engined land speed record? & what was the vehicle used to achieve it with? & what was the speed?
4. Who runs the fastest diesel ¼ mile?
5. In 1868 the Technische Hochschule opened, a new university in Munich. This "individual" applied instantly when heard word of it. He became a full professor of mechanical engineering in 1872. Soon after Rudolf Diesel became his protegé. Who is this "individual"?
6. Which company was first to use a diesel engine commericially?
7. In 1893 the first internal combustion model ran under its own power, more than double the efficiency of the steam engines of its day. At what efficiency (%) did this first model run at??
8. What was the first "SUV" sold in the USA with a diesel engine?
9. In 1936, the year of the Olympic Games, a carefully staged sensation was launched at the Berlin Motor Show: what was the world's first diesel-engined production car. What was the delivered ? hp at ? rpm and travelled at ? mpg and top speed ?"