The Diesel Garage banner

Fuel Problem 2000 yr 5.9 Cummins

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  huntingman270 
#1 ·
My truck has 132K miles on it and it has started missing when I am acclerating betweek 45 mph and 55 mph. It only happens for a split sec. Just like it cuts out. Some times it runs for days with out doing it. Then some days it all the time? The dealer is trying to sell me a fuel pump and a new injector pump for about $ 4,500.00 !!! I have been reading about the Bully Dog Big Fuel Kit to incrase the fuel pressur to the Injector pump. I am wanting to find a shop that can install the Bully Dog Pump and install fuel pressure guages. I live in Lake Jackson Texas, anyone out there have any comments about this???? I also have been running alchol diesel, prior to this happening.

#2 ·
You should be able to pull codes I believe by doing the key trick. Turn the key on/off/on/off/on without starting and watch the odometer. If you get a 0216 code IP is dyeing. Sounds like you have a dead LP for sure and need to get it fixed. I would just do a good fuel system to the Vp and be done with it. I run a performer you can click on the link in my sig.

Andy

#5 ·
i just had the same problem... with the surging... i took it up to GarmensDiesel and he said thats what the injector pumps do right before they go out... well Sat night my truck shutoff and wont start back up... It didnt pop any codes for the injector pump either... he says sometime they do... sometimes they dont... but i did get a code from the truck saying something wrong with the cummings computer... probly a code inside the cummings computer... Also if you get a new injector pump... when they ask what year and stuff... tell them a 2001 HO... puts out about 50 to 60 more horsepower and will fit right in... think there even the same price...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.