Brakes dragging - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Billu, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1243 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Brakes dragging

Drove to work friday am (20miles) pulled in and felt like there was a flat - after looking around the driver side rear wheel was hot and smoking - so i assumed a new caliper would fix the problem and replaced it. On the way home all 4 brakes started dragging. Also noticed that the brake pedal was hard and at the top. I cant believe that all of the brake hoses are bad at the same time so i am looking for advice, i read on another forum that a power steering fluid flush helped with pedal problems - any other thoughts on what to try next? On saturday i drove to the fuel station and back (3miles) no lagging, only thing is the pedal is still at the top so i have a feeling that the longet the truck runs the more chance the brakes will lock up. Seems like it may be tied to the booster overbuilding pressure behind the master cylinder? any thoughts? how do i test that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
after doing a little soul searching i have determined that i accidentially added power steering fluid to the master cylinder , i will replace the master cyl and the resirvoir. my question is if there was oil contamination into the lines what do i flush them with before adding new brake fluid? the 2 dont mix and i tried in a glass to washout the oil with brake fluid and that is a no go. I am beside myself and cant believe i was that careless - even worse not catch it in time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode