dyno'd my 06 today on my dyno :) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by germantoy, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 1491 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

dyno'd my 06 today on my dyno :)

so im down in kentucky right now training with Dyno Dynamics and we needed to used and auto so my truck was the volunteer.

Its an 06 lbz code motor 2500 gmc. all it has for mods is afe stage 3 intake, 4 inch cat back exhaust and banks 6 gun tuner with pda.

So anyway we did all the levels except the speedloader setting.

Stock with the a/c on (whoops discovered this later) it made 315 at the wheels this is an eddy current load dyno so they read lower than your normal dynojet etc.

with the banks on level six it dyno'd 470whp.

Ill have the graphs up tomorrow, but for the mean time are those respectable power numbers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM

Good stuff. In july I went on a dyno, same type and that's what I'd been told as well. Not sure why but people say they go low.

Actually not wanting to steal the thread but since you were in "school" maybe you can explain what SAE Corrected means?? thx
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06bowtie_guy
Good stuff. In july I went on a dyno, same type and that's what I'd been told as well. Not sure why but people say they go low.

Actually not wanting to steal the thread but since you were in "school" maybe you can explain what SAE Corrected means?? thx
I dont really know what SAE corrected really means, however i have always been told that it is the correction factor used to obtain BHP or flywheel hp which all manufacturers go by. Ill ask tomorrow while im in training.

Ya they read low because its about as real load wise as you can get to being on a road etc etc. I recently became employed by them so im getting the crash course etc etc.

What were your numbers like?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 12:20 AM

http://http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

SAE coerrected horespower, i think
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 02:04 AM

corrected horsepower means that differences in atmosphere have been calculated in the equation. so if some one at sea level says they make X horsepower and someone at 2,000 some odd feet altitude makes Y horsepower, its not a true comparison. if X truck went to Y's location he would make different numbers because of altitude(atmosphereic pressure, humidity,etc). and vice versa for Y truck at X's location. it wouldn't be a difference of a hundred or more horses, but possibly tens.

by the way SAE corrected was started in the musclecar days cuz each manufacturer used a different standard so there again not a true comparison. even today if you read the fine print, it will say if a manufacturers ratings are meet at SAE standards. and a certified SAE technician has to be onsite when an engine is dynoed for ratings.

that might be what the link said but it wouldn't work for me
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 AM

close enough, yours is a lot less confusing
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:24 AM

good numbers

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:32 PM

Cool, thanks for the help.

When I went on the dyno they entered my trucks weight, some wind resistance number that is provided in a chart, forget what else. Not sure what that had to do with anything since on the print out it didn't say these numbers.

Ended up with 345hp and 762ft lbs of torque although it didn't seem like he let it go far enough in the RPM ban. Had it set to run from X to Z mph.

During the weekend it stayed around the 9.0 to 9.1 mark in the 1/8th. Best was 9.089 @ 79.28MPH with a 60' of 2.006.

And if you run a stock tranny this will happen.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=06bowtie_guy]Cool, thanks for the help.

When I went on the dyno they entered my trucks weight, some wind resistance number that is provided in a chart, forget what else. Not sure what that had to do with anything since on the print out it didn't say these numbers.

Ended up with 345hp and 762ft lbs of torque although it didn't seem like he let it go far enough in the RPM ban. Had it set to run from X to Z mph.

During the weekend it stayed around the 9.0 to 9.1 mark in the 1/8th. Best was 9.089 @ 79.28MPH with a 60' of 2.006.

And if you run a stock tranny this will happen.

ya im all set with blowing up one of these transmissions since no one in my area knows how to rebuild them (so ive been told) im up in massachusetts.

I only run her on level two or level three, i guess i need to get a transgo JR or something like that?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Smokin'

470whp - DOUBT IT with banks PDA.

You'd need a pump and a different tuner to do that and a tranny to hold it.

Now 370 - definitely, especially since your dyno reads lower then a dynojet.

2001 F350 Platinum
12.0 @ 110 FUEL ONLY
11.62 @ 115.79 SINGLE STAGE
SWAMPED
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode