'07 Duramax Classic High Idle - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hosssmith, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 11978 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

'07 Duramax Classic High Idle

I have searched around this forum till my eyes are worn plumb out trying to learn how to make my Classic goto high idle without parking it in a refrigerator. Does anyone know how to get high idle on this buggy?

I checked with the Dealership and they plugged in their magic box but could not change it. I have the automagic tranny in a 3/4 ton 4x4. Any help would surely be appreciated.

~Hoss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
'Ol Builder guy

I moved the thread to this forum since it's an '07 classic.

I don't have the answer, but I've seen this discussed before. I think someone will be able to answer your question soon.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM

07 Duramax elevated idle

The elevated idle feature can be turned on or off using the DIC sterring wheel control buttons. If your vehyicle is noe equipped with the DIC steering wheel controls do the following:

1. Turn the ignition to RUN with the vehicle off.

2. Press the accelerator pedal to the floor and hold while quickly pressing the brake pedal three times in less than eight seconds.

3. Release the accelerator pedal and start the engine.

When the engine is started, it will slowly ramp up to the high idle speed after the delay of a few seconds to approximatelt two minutes.

Taken from the 2007 Diesel supplement page 6 and 7.

jcaussi
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Lookyhere jcaussi, I want to know "....how to make my Classic goto high idle without parking it in a refrigerator". That is, how can I get it to idle up when I WANT it to and not just when the air or coolant is cool, don'tcha see?

I need high idle at other times, like when it is HOT or COLD or I need the alternator to put out a bit more. So far all I have been able to come up with is a stick to prop the throttle pedal down with or something heavy outta the tool box to lean on the scat peddle, neither option is very scientific nor are they dependable or easy to set.

In my book this should be a no brainer, however, I recognize that Generous Motors may be lacking in that area, even so there outta be a way to idle up painlessly. I am used to large cars that have computers (ECM's) where I can set the road speed, idle, shift points, pto speed, etc., so it seems to me that GM outta let me do the same with the ECM in a peek up.

Thanx for taking a stab at the problem though. Now can someone please tell me how to have hi idle when I want it?

Thanx again for trying jcaussi,

~Hoss
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Hossmith, maybe this is what you are looking for.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_100410_-1

Tis not, don't shoot the messenger

jcaussi
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 10:53 PM

If you look up www.gmupfitter.com and look at pages 4 and 7 in technical bulletin # 71.

You will need to install a switch inbetween LT Green 488 circuit to the PCM Pin 60 and the yellow Pin 8. You will need to install a switch to bridge from the PTO switch connector pin A [Brown 41 circuit] to both pins B and E. This will give you the PTO Enable signal and the Feedback signal to the PCM.

When the truck is parked and idling and you throw your switch it should move up from base idle to about 800 RPM. This is the PTO Standby Speed. You can have your dealer re-program that setting to a higher RPM or you can attempt to get to the SET speed which corresponds to the +12 v signal that would be output to pin G [DK Blue 84 wire] of the PTO switch connector. When you are in PTO mode [800 RPM] and you send the SET pulse you should go to 1250 RPM. Just remember these signals have to make it to the PCM pins.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaussi
Hossmith, maybe this is what you are looking for.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_100410_-1

Tis not, don't shoot the messenger

jcaussi
Never fear jcaussi, I never (ever) shoot messengers. I shall take a lookysee and letcha know.
~Hoss
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Jcussi, if that an't it I'll be surprised for sure. I be gonna have my mechdude call them tomorrow. We're gonna give it a try for sure.

Thanx a bunch,

~Hoss

How come there an't no way to hit a 'THANK YOU' button here anyway?

Never mind mebbe I figgered it out........
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 AM

Hosssmith, found this tread in another forum, check this out.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=191108

Jcaussi
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode