Exhaust - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by notouch, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1162 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust

My brother has an 07 duramax and wants a turbo back exhaust. He has an Edge w/Attitude and a Banks intake. Can he get an exhaust with only muffler, no cat, without throwing codes?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

its depends on the truck i have heard of some throwing codes when you remove the cat and some not. mine has been straight piped for a while and only threw a code once but i was towing quite a bit. wost case scenereo you have to clear a code or you can just buy a finger stik and be done with it

06 LBZ CCSB, EFILive DSP5 tuned by IdahoRob, 68mm Fleece Cheetah Turbo,PPE stg 5 trans, Precision ML converter,PPE deep pan,PPE ported fuel rail,PPE fuel shim,tripple pillar w/ ultralite II's,6" cognito NTBD,Cognito UCA's,Cognito supports,ADP PCV Re-route,3'' MBRP downpipe,Billet resonator plug,MBRP stainless 5'' Straight Pipe, 6''MBRP black tip,Banks Tecnicooler,AEM Brute Force polished intake,EGR blocked, ReadyLift keys,PPE tie rod sleeves,AFE 3'' Intercooler tube,18x9 XD HOSS on 35'' toyo m/t,6000K HIDs,Kenwood touchscreen,Treo 600.1, 2-10" ID subs, 100 gal bed tank w/ transfer pump,superhoopII steps,Line X'd, Recon LED 3rd brake,smoked front corners, ranch hand bumpers front and rear,debadged,bushwackers
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 11:16 PM

Like said above just put a finger stick in it and straight pipe that beast.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
fordt

I have a '07 Classic with 4" MBRP (no cat, no muffler) every once in while I would throw a code, before I put on the EGR blocker plate.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 PM

my 07 Classic never threw a code yet.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

mine throws a code sometimes when i tow with my predator on 85hp or if im flogging it on 120hp but no big deal just plug it in and clear it. eventually ill get tired of doing this and finger stick it and or block the plate probably

06 LBZ CCSB, EFILive DSP5 tuned by IdahoRob, 68mm Fleece Cheetah Turbo,PPE stg 5 trans, Precision ML converter,PPE deep pan,PPE ported fuel rail,PPE fuel shim,tripple pillar w/ ultralite II's,6" cognito NTBD,Cognito UCA's,Cognito supports,ADP PCV Re-route,3'' MBRP downpipe,Billet resonator plug,MBRP stainless 5'' Straight Pipe, 6''MBRP black tip,Banks Tecnicooler,AEM Brute Force polished intake,EGR blocked, ReadyLift keys,PPE tie rod sleeves,AFE 3'' Intercooler tube,18x9 XD HOSS on 35'' toyo m/t,6000K HIDs,Kenwood touchscreen,Treo 600.1, 2-10" ID subs, 100 gal bed tank w/ transfer pump,superhoopII steps,Line X'd, Recon LED 3rd brake,smoked front corners, ranch hand bumpers front and rear,debadged,bushwackers
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM

Never threw a code till I towed with it.Put a fingers stick in and egr blocker plate and say good bye to the annoying code.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 01:51 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but, what the heck is a "finger stick"? Sounds painful...
:laugh_explode:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
LBZ

Garage
All the finger stick is is a fooler for your egr sensor so it always reads within the normal operating range. It wires into the harness for the egr sensor.

EFI Live can also be used to permanently keep the code from appearing. The code you will get is insufficient flow to egr-due to the lack of backpressure from the CAT removal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode