EFI Live flashscan V2 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lbdodge24v, this thread has received 23 replies and been viewed 4202 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

EFI Live flashscan V2

Can anyone tell me how to load custom tunes onto the EFI Live flashscan V2? I am trying to do this for a buddy and I can not figure it out, have read all I can find about it on the net and still nothing, and all help would be greatly appreciated.

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 PM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
At this time efi live doesn't support loading tunes onto the flashscan handheld unit, you have to have a laptop in the truck along with the flashscan, they are working on it but there is only so much they can do when they are trying to keep up with just updating the program for all the vehicles, that inclues the CR cummins engines

I'm waiting for the update that allows you to load tunes onto the handheld but right now its not possible, it would be nice to just flash a tune and go but unfortunatly you just have to use it as a communication device between your ecm and laptop

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for that info, that is kinda what I had come to decide also, cause nowhere has anything about loading tunes onto it. The guy that bought it thinks you can and I believe was told you can. But I am not sure about that, I knew it couldn't be that hard to do, but wasn't sure about it. I guess I will just have to tell him what the deal is.

So efi is going to be able to do a CR Cummins in the future, that would be sweet. I am more of a cummins guy, but enjoy learning about all of them. First time with EFI Live, but I can see why it is such a good tool to have, so far looks like it can do anything to a Duramax if the knowledge is there to do it.

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 03:40 AM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
Yea I don't think I have learned 1/4 of all of what you can do, who's tunes is your buddy using? I'm running a duramaxtuner tune right now and I like it so far

Yea hopefully in the near future they update it so that you can lode 4 or 5 tunes on the handheld and just flash your truck with it alone..

Yea they are testing it with the 6.7l CR right now, I've seen some of the tables, they look pretty interesting when compared to the duramax

On edit: have you checked out www.efilive.com in the forums? Tons of info there

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ

Last edited by BriteWhiteRam; 07-21-2010 at 03:43 AM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

He found some tunes on another forum that he wants. I really don't think he knows what he has bought. All he wants is a lil power, I myself would have gone with a preset tuner and be done with it. I am not sure what Tune he will end up getting in the end.

About how much power does the duramax tuner tune add? and where would I find it?

I looked through the EFI Live site and forum, and there is alot of information there, totally lost me to start with, I had to just take a break from it and let some sink in. Going to look it over again tomorrow night and try and figure it all out.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 05:45 AM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
If the other forum is the one I'm thinking about, let me say please be cautious, EFI can seriously hurt an engine if your not careful

Www.duramaxtuner.com you have to buy libray access in order to be able to get the tunes, I think he has ten or so lb7 tunes ranging from a 280rwhp(20 over stock) tune to a wild 550rwhp race tune, and dsp5 tunes as well

If you need a little help, or want me to have a peak at a tune your working one shoot me a pm and ill try my best not to screw things up
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

One other thing, does using my laptop with the EFI to tune his truck tie my computer up with it, or can he use another computer to retune it later? Just wondering about that. That could be the deciding factor as to if I continue working on this or not. I personally don't want to have to retune his truck every time he wants a new tune or change his settings. He thinks it will all be in the hand held flash scanner.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Mafia member #105

Send a message via AIM to ripmf666 Send a message via Yahoo to ripmf666
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbdodge24v View Post
One other thing, does using my laptop with the EFI to tune his truck tie my computer up with it, or can he use another computer to retune it later? Just wondering about that. That could be the deciding factor as to if I continue working on this or not. I personally don't want to have to retune his truck every time he wants a new tune or change his settings. He thinks it will all be in the hand held flash scanner.
You need to tell him it will not be loaded in the V2 like a PPE hand held boxed tuner. Your laptop will not be tied to this truck or V2 but the [email protected] will be linked to his truck. For someone just starting out it might be best to get someone like IdhaoRob or Ridgerunner aka Moonshine tune the truck with 5 pre loaded tunes he can switch on a fly for what he is doing with the truck at the time.

Devil Girl 2006 2500HD LBZ Ex-Cab 4x4

EFI Live tuned by IdahoRob,MPI twins installed by BigDipper,PPE lift pump, BigDipper 30% injectors, BigDipper Trans Precion ML converter.PPE Twin Cp3's.

Alot Of thanks To Kat & Pat at duramax diesels, Joe & Dan at PPE,George aka BigDipper
RIP LBZ 6/1/[email protected]:44pm she was strong

She's Alive again

Born on July 27, 2008, 11:59:02 PM

http://www.dieselbuilder.com/Media/P...adoBuild_2.pdf
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

That sounds like a good plan to me. How would he go about getting his truck tuned by someone? Would the truck have to go to them? or the computer? what has to be done. I know nothing about EFI Live, but I want to learn it one day. If it was my truck, and I had it. That would be a whole nother story, I would be out there trying something now.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Mafia member #105

Send a message via AIM to ripmf666 Send a message via Yahoo to ripmf666
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbdodge24v View Post
That sounds like a good plan to me. How would he go about getting his truck tuned by someone? Would the truck have to go to them? or the computer? what has to be done. I know nothing about EFI Live, but I want to learn it one day. If it was my truck, and I had it. That would be a whole nother story, I would be out there trying something now.
I know you made this post in the 01-04 LB7 Duramax just want to double check year?

Once you find who you want a tune from it makes it easier but you can install a dsp2 or dsp5 switch in the dash. Once you get the efi live loaded into your laptop and everything up and running you will want to pull his stock tune from the truck. Then from there you can email that stock tune out to get changed and when its emailed back you can flash it into the truck. Just make sure you guys save his stock tune into a few spot flash drive disk or email somewere safe.

Devil Girl 2006 2500HD LBZ Ex-Cab 4x4

EFI Live tuned by IdahoRob,MPI twins installed by BigDipper,PPE lift pump, BigDipper 30% injectors, BigDipper Trans Precion ML converter.PPE Twin Cp3's.

Alot Of thanks To Kat & Pat at duramax diesels, Joe & Dan at PPE,George aka BigDipper
RIP LBZ 6/1/[email protected]:44pm she was strong

She's Alive again

Born on July 27, 2008, 11:59:02 PM

http://www.dieselbuilder.com/Media/P...adoBuild_2.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode