The Diesel Garage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got my new Southbend DD

726 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  6shifted 
#1 ·
Had a new southbend dd installed today, 4 hours for the actual replacement!! That would have taken me three days, mostly b/c I have a fridge in the garage full of beer. It sure does make some noise, but has gotten considerably quieter this afternoon. It was a little over 120 mi. one way, then I terrorized the neighborhood. When we fired it up after replacing it it was LOUD, and acted really weird. Called Peter and he said just go drive it, no problems. The pedal pressure is about the same as the stock clutch, maybe a little easier (both disks are sprung). Luk was stamped on the stock unit, and didn't look very bad considering what I had done to it.
To anyone running the sprung DD: Does it get quieter? Does the pedal get harder or is it that good?
So far so good...

#4 ·
Had mine in since friday, definately made some noise at first that I really didn't like, but it went away (while letting the pedal out, it sounded like almost a grinding)..... also I must have gotten some air in the hydraulic system, so it didn't want to go into gear too well, but It worked it out and it ended up fine...

I already had the solid hub kit, so the noise while in neutral actually got a lot quietter on mine, which I was excited about....(maybe a little less answering the question "what's that noise? is there something wrong?"

later, TW

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.