leveling kit - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by jduramax, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 880 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

leveling kit

i've got an '02 lb7 and thinking of getting a levelling kit for it. it's got that "jacked up in the rear" look. does anyone out there know if one kit is better than others? are they hard to install? i just want to raise the front enough to even it out with the rear.:smoke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 PM

Do one of two things:

1) Crank your torsion bars all the way up with the keys you have right now.

2) Buy a set of 1/2 ton torsion keys (called 'green keys' for the paint splotch on them) and install those. Even sitting on the stops, they give 2" of torsion lift. They are clocked differently, and have a "higher" starting point. The only downside to this is you have no adjustability back down if its too high for your tastes.

Space the top mounts of your shocks up about 3/4" to keep the shocks in their operating range, too. Usually a stack of washers or cut piece of pipe works fine. Spacer goes between shock and lower rubber mount.

Its recommended to go and get an alignment after you mess with the torsions. Thats it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac
Do one of two things:

1) Crank your torsion bars all the way up with the keys you have right now.

2) Buy a set of 1/2 ton torsion keys (called 'green keys' for the paint splotch on them) and install those. Even sitting on the stops, they give 2" of torsion lift. They are clocked differently, and have a "higher" starting point. The only downside to this is you have no adjustability back down if its too high for your tastes.

Space the top mounts of your shocks up about 3/4" to keep the shocks in their operating range, too. Usually a stack of washers or cut piece of pipe works fine. Spacer goes between shock and lower rubber mount.

Its recommended to go and get an alignment after you mess with the torsions. Thats it.
thanks for the input. i was thinking of cranking up the t bars.......:thanks:
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
diesel idiot

also make sure you dont destroy and ABS line.. a few people have done it due to backspacing issues and tire selection.

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode