LB7 shut down agian. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by teamsween21, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 664 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

LB7 shut down agian.

I was driving home from work, and my 03 shutdown. I was goin to the local diesel station to fuel up. My guage was on the red notch, but there was no fuel light and my electronics said 34 miles til empty. I felt a few little bucks in the motor, and I thought ohh boy I am out of fuel and then the battey light came on. Thats when the motor shutoff. Everything like radio and lights still worked. So I thought it was no fuel. I was able to get some fuel and I put some in. I primed the pump and while attempting to start the battery got weaker and weaker, I tried to jump it, but it never could turn over. I had the fuel filter changed about 13,000 ago. The whole shut off was very similar to the last time I got stranded because of a crappy fuel filter.:shrug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 AM

1) Why do you run your truck so low on fuel? Some fuel gauges arent all that accurate...and its not a good thing to run a diesel out of fuel.

2) If its out of fuel, you'll have sucked air throughout the system. It can take a while to run the air out, esp with weak batteries.

3) I'd start looking at new batteries. Weak batteries on an 03-up truck can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins to show up.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Nasty Girl

Send a message via MSN to Nasty Girl
I agree with Tom. Before mods to my fuel system I ran out of fuel once with it saying I had 25 miles left. I would start with buying a new set of "good" batteries for sure! Priming can be a bit of a beotch too if ya run her dry!

2003/2500HD CREW CAB SILVERADO
Maximized Performance Big Bad Twins, Dual CP3's and 5" dual exhaust with 5"downpipe.
1036 RWHP Dunbar Dyno Approved!
Worlds Most Powerful Duramax
Maximized Performance SoCal Diesel Stuff Ridge Runner Diesel Performance Inglewood Transmission Service DPR
Nasty Shine....1000 proof!
Member #1 of the 1000 RWHP Duramax club on #2 only!
TDG TOTM Winner for March/07 https://www.thedieselgarage.com/TOTM/mar07.htm

Smoked Goat It's Whats For Dinner!!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I did not mean to run that low. I did some extra running around at the hunting lease, I was going straight to get fuel, but I guess it was too far. Thanks for your input.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 AM

I did that once, taking a couple of coworkers to lunch. One way to get a 3 hour lunch!! It took four trips to the corner store to get fuel (2.5 gallon can that cost about $15). My fuel guage was on 1/4 tank and my low fuel light did come on, 200 meters later we were walking! My pickup was only a couple of months old so I took it to the dealer, they pretty much made fun of me and told me to go home. All that tells me is GM can't make a somewhat accurate fuel gauge and everyone knows it. Don't trust it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

It was a combo of events. No fuel. Then one dead cell and one weak battery. 2 new batteries (dekas 65) and I am back on the road
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode