Banks Bighead - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mnfarmboy, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 758 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Banks Bighead

I currently have a PPE boost valve, and for the price Iíve been very happy with it. But I have noticed that it seems my stock wastegate actuator tends to allow some ďblow byĒ due to the weak spring. For me itís really nothing more than an annoyance, but now that I know( or at least Iím pretty sure) whatís causing that bit of mid range ďlagĒ when I really get on it, itís driving me crazy! I know that ultimately a turbo upgrade will probably be the only thing that will satisfy me(maybe), but the bighead is cheap and may be worth a shot for now.

I was wondering if anyone is using one? If so, what you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 03:02 AM

How cheap can you get a bighead for? BD makes one for about $150 and it is designed better. I like the BD better than the banks.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The Bank’s goes for $185 or so. I’ve seen the BD one but haven’t found much info on it. I’m sure it would work fine too(no brand loyalty here). Have you tried one?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:08 AM

make your own out of your stock one it's the cheapest
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfarmboy
The Bankís goes for $185 or so. Iíve seen the BD one but havenít found much info on it. Iím sure it would work fine too(no brand loyalty here). Have you tried one?
I don't have a BD but have helped install one and seems to be much easier to install without the ease of breakage like the banks. I'm on my 2nd banks, as much as I hate to admit it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteyeblind
How would I go about that? I you don't mind me asking.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 05:37 AM
diesel idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteyeblind
were doing that soon reece. i think we discussed this. dont you like how TDP wouldnt let me register as tahoedmax? suckkyyy

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:10 AM
TDG Mafia # 81

Post a how to on that when you get done Tahoedmax. I would like to do it to my truck later when I have more fuel.

Tony

2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, 4X4. A few go fast goodies. 540hp/1107tq Danville Dyno 11/09, Kennedy 40% injectors.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

If your talking about cutting the rod and taping it, I don't think that is going to help me much if the factory spring can't hold the boost pressure I have now. Cutting the rod and using a turnbuckle style nut will give you adjustment but, if the spring sucks i don't think it's going to matter, unless I turn it in to the point where it just won't open all the way. I have a feeling that could leed to problems in the future ( obviously I might be wrong). I was thinking about trying a second spring like a compression spring and see what happens, if nothing else I'll just buy an aftermarket one. Experimenting is the FUN part if you ask me!! I have 300 round bales to haul next week so a little extra power would be nice.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 05:14 AM
diesel idiot

Yes you would be wrong ( i dont mean that in a mean way) about it not holding boost. You have to thread the rod so you can tighten the head down on the rod. The further you screw the head down onto the rod, the more boost you get. Other guys have done it and get an easy 30psi out of it with real good adjustability.

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode