Need help with Edge Juice with Attitude - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DmaxDusty, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 642 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Need help with Edge Juice with Attitude

Hey I just bought an Edge juice with the Attitude for my 03' Dmax. Do I run the wires through the firewall or the door jam? (Or is there any other place that is better?) Also where do I mount the juice box?? Is it a good idea to mount it to the side of the fuse box?? And last but not least for the egt probe where is the best place on the exhaust to drill the hole and put it?? Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 AM

1) You can temporarily run the wires out the door jamb if you like. If you look at the firewall from in the engine bay, just under the brake booster you'll see a small dimple. It may be partially hidden by the felt sound deadener around the booster. You can drill a hole right there...it enters the cab to the left of the column..theres even a knockout on the interior rubber cover in that spot.
IIRC, I drilled a 1/2" hole, and used a rubber grommet.

2) I mounted the Edge box just under the fender support next to the fuse box. Good airflow up there (for cooling the box)

3) Best (easiest) spot to mount EGT probe is in the pass side manifold. Easy to get to with the wheel well liner removed. You can also mount it in the drivers side manifold, but the only spot is up under the manifold back toward the rear flange, just above the oil filter.

Use the Hoot Method and you'll have no problems.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
TDG Mafia Member #82

Id definatley run the monitor wire through the fire wall.................the door opening and closing will cut the wire then you will be screwed big time!!!

SCT tuned by Dfuser
RBP 4" Turbo Back Straight pipe
Airaid Cold Air
6in Superlift
2in Blocks
39.5 Iroks on 20in. Monsters
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 AM

I would think about installing your EGT probe after the turbo. It will extend the life of the probe and also when you drill the manifold all the swarf will go through the turbo. I have also seen probes break and that would eat a turbo quite well. Just a thought.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4" straight exhaust, BD manifold, intake, Air Dog 150 lift pump, BD Supermax turbo, Suncoast Stage IV, Isspro EV2 gauges, EFI Live w/DSP 5 tuned by Xtreme FX Tuning.

Canadian Club Member #6.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 08:44 AM
TDG Mafia Member #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech
I would think about installing your EGT probe after the turbo. It will extend the life of the probe and also when you drill the manifold all the swarf will go through the turbo. I have also seen probes break and that would eat a turbo quite well. Just a thought.

Nahhh you dont want to do this!!! Keep it as close to the head as you can.....It may work for some people but its not a very accurate reading!!!!

SCT tuned by Dfuser
RBP 4" Turbo Back Straight pipe
Airaid Cold Air
6in Superlift
2in Blocks
39.5 Iroks on 20in. Monsters
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 01:53 AM

It can actually be more accurate. the left and right exhaust manifolds flow different so if one bank is running lean and your only monitoring the other you wont catch it in time.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4" straight exhaust, BD manifold, intake, Air Dog 150 lift pump, BD Supermax turbo, Suncoast Stage IV, Isspro EV2 gauges, EFI Live w/DSP 5 tuned by Xtreme FX Tuning.

Canadian Club Member #6.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 11:15 AM

On a Dmax, you want the EGT probe PRE-turbo.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 01:09 PM

Another suggestion for a Pre-turbo EGT probe. There is a 300-500*F Temperature difference in Pre and Post turbo temps. That is not accurate enough for me when we are talking about $10k engine. When the probe is installed pre turbo the reading is much more accurate and responeds to the temperature quicker.

Jamie

2003 GMC LB7 DMax/Alli, 4" Exhaust w/ Muffler, 6" Rolled Edge Tip, AFE Drop-in Filter, 16x9 Moto Metal 951's, 285 BFG A/T, Debaged, Full Tint Job, Denali Grill, B&W TurnoverBall, 7" In-Dash DVD Toushscreen, Clear Headlights

Wreck' em Tech

SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #21

FOR SALE $23,500
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode