Need Help - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by allstarsixo, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 646 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Need Help

You might remember when a friend of mine was having injector problems on his 2003 duramax.They would not cover his injector under the warranty becouse it was not over fueling the truck it was just bad(not working).He paid $900 for the one injector and the truck was fixed.But now the truck is making a bad clatering sound only when on the throttle not at idle.And his mpg has gone up:shrug: yes up he said he was getting around 12-13 and now he's getting 16-17 mpg WTF.The truck never smoked bad and now the truck looks like it has a programer on it.The truck has allways been stock(never had a programer or anything)and the truck has never smoked this bad.It only smokes when on the throttle not at idle.He said the truck seems to be sluggish all thru the gears(does not have the balls the truck has always had)He does not want to sell it,he loves this truck but he is tired of all the injkector problems.The truck does not throw any code:shrug: any info would be great,THANKS 07six-o!!!!!!!!!!!!

2003 cc 3500 4x4 duramax 160k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

:shrug: ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
SRW Cartell #27

I hate to say it but it sounds like an injector issue. Or when they were in their they forgot something. I dont know. I hate to here they didnt cover it. The mpg sounds correct for that truck but the smoke and slugish part not so much.

1999.5 F250 4x4 super cab 7.3L With edge attituede.
Converter lockup mod and EBPV exaust brake mod.
Air Hog cold air intake. Muffler delete, 35s on centerlines.
New F650 dash upgrade..

1995 F250 Single cab long bed 2wd.

2001 LB7 2500HD SOLD
AEM Brute Force intake, 5 1/2 stack exaust, Diablo Sport Predator Programmer. PPE boost valve, Autolite gauges. Built Allison (Alto steels, Red eagle clutches, Transgo shift kit, transgo lockup valve, and Personal Mods : ) edelbrock 1792 lift pump.

Singles Club Member #27
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I just don't know why the mpg goes up when the injectors go bad!!!!!!If we change the injectors out,what brand should he go with?Or should he just put factory injectors back in it?THANKS 07six-o:shrug:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
fordt

That depends on if he wants to go with larger injectors, or stock sizes. You may find someone wanting to go with big injectors and you could buy theirs.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I cant believe that non of you guys have never had this happen to you! :shrug: have any of you changed the injectors out for after market ones,if so which ones are the best?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
SRW Cartell #27

this is the cheapest i could find stock injectors for
http://www.duramaxinjectors.com/

but after market
Kennedy diesel has some HP injectors
http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

Also ATS has been known for good products ..
http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/.../Injectors.asp

1999.5 F250 4x4 super cab 7.3L With edge attituede.
Converter lockup mod and EBPV exaust brake mod.
Air Hog cold air intake. Muffler delete, 35s on centerlines.
New F650 dash upgrade..

1995 F250 Single cab long bed 2wd.

2001 LB7 2500HD SOLD
AEM Brute Force intake, 5 1/2 stack exaust, Diablo Sport Predator Programmer. PPE boost valve, Autolite gauges. Built Allison (Alto steels, Red eagle clutches, Transgo shift kit, transgo lockup valve, and Personal Mods : ) edelbrock 1792 lift pump.

Singles Club Member #27
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Saw my buddy today and he is now getting 21 mpg.it smokes very bad now black then goes to grey then white.when i drove it today you could not even see cars behind me it was smoking so bad.so we took it to my shop and put diesel in the oil so the dealer can change all the injectors?????he drove it straight to another dealer.if they dont change all the injectors he is going to trade it in!!!!!!!:shrug: it just sucks that the dealer keeps putting the same ****tie injectors in time after time.do they know that so many people have this many injectors going bad.i'll let you guys know what happens:Thumbup:
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 02:58 AM

Well, if the dealer is doing their job shouldn't they be installing all 8 injectors with the newest revision anytime there is a failure? The new injectors they "should" be installing aren't supposed to have these issues. And the injectors are covered for 7yrs 200k. Im sending you a pm.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73
Well, if the dealer is doing their job shouldn't they be installing all 8 injectors with the newest revision anytime there is a failure? The new injectors they "should" be installing aren't supposed to have these issues. And the injectors are covered for 7yrs 200k. Im sending you a pm.
They are not suppose to have any problems, but we have had around 9 pullouts down, all say with the new revised injectors. Ours got to the point it was smoking at stoplight and cleared a little down the road. When I got cold, it was hard to start and or sometimes stay running. Thought about trading in, but at the time we were gonna the truck had 200,000 miles on it it 2005 (now over 360,000) no one wants a truck with that many miles and a long bad history report.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode