Got my truck back - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Stacked6600, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 451 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
SRW Cartell #27

Got my truck back

They had my truck for a week and a half. It took 3 days to get the injectors to the dealer. It runs alot smoother at idel and when your in it. They didnt charge me a thing and looks like they did a nice job. I actually have to give the dealer a :Thumbup: . The truck seems slugish on take off but if you push the pedal it has its power back. I think im use to having all the GOODIES (programmer\lift pump\...) installed that it just seems slugish on take off. All my ballence rates are great with in .05 of each other. My oil pressure is alot better . At 70mph it runs about 70-73psi Idel it is 30-35 psi. Not bad but i did loose a few psi at idel i guess from driving with thin oil. Friday i will have all the accessories back on and am giving it a good test on sunday . I have to move some large equipment on the 34' flat. So we will see.

Thanks to everyone for advice and my truck thanks you to . :bow:

1999.5 F250 4x4 super cab 7.3L With edge attituede.
Converter lockup mod and EBPV exaust brake mod.
Air Hog cold air intake. Muffler delete, 35s on centerlines.
New F650 dash upgrade..

1995 F250 Single cab long bed 2wd.

2001 LB7 2500HD SOLD
AEM Brute Force intake, 5 1/2 stack exaust, Diablo Sport Predator Programmer. PPE boost valve, Autolite gauges. Built Allison (Alto steels, Red eagle clutches, Transgo shift kit, transgo lockup valve, and Personal Mods : ) edelbrock 1792 lift pump.

Singles Club Member #27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 AM

Hey was there fuel in the oil pan? Hope ya did a flush. I ran the truck (5500 TopKick) for 3 weeks waiting for GM to replace the injectors,(backordered)Darn near killed the engine, with fuel in the oil, had to change it once every week waiting. But then again it was a work truck running about 3500 miles per week. Glad to hear you got yours all worked out, and thanks for the extra warranty GM gave us.(a BIT LATE I MIGHT ADD)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 02:36 PM
BUG JUICER and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacked6600
My oil pressure is alot better . At 70mph it runs about 70-73psi Idel it is 30-35 psi.

if that is fully warmed up, it is high. What is it in the morning, cold?

I have never seen any early gen d-max over 60 psi, straight up, when when coolant is warm, @2000 rpm. Heavy oil? Just here to help.

Michael
Vehicle Systems Engineer/Professional Tuner
04.5 GMC 2500HD SRW LLY

Learn about INDUCTION OVERHEATING

ECM's FOR SALE
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 04:06 PM
TDG Mafia # 81

My truck at idle is 45 hot and pegged when I get into it even a slight bit. I have Valvoline 15-40. Wish they had put Blue in the pan, but this is good enough for the first 10K to see if anything leaks.

Tony

BTW, these are the same pressures I was seeing when I first bought the truck.

2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, 4X4. A few go fast goodies. 540hp/1107tq Danville Dyno 11/09, Kennedy 40% injectors.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode