Engine knocking on one cylinder - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BigRedISB, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1411 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Engine knocking on one cylinder

I have a buddy that is looking ot buy a 01 2500 W/allison that has a bad knock that sounds metallic on the top end. I have been told that its a injector. It not present at idle but knocks at all engine RPM under load. No smoke and no fuel in the oil. I am not much of a expert on injector problems on the Dmax trucks. If it is a injector would tips fix this or would it need whole injectors?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 AM

I am [B]real[B] interested in this, mine (04 GMC Sierra 2500) is doing the same thing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I contacted my relatives which own a GMC dealer (I am the black sheep for buying a dodge!) and they stated they have still got several injector problems which they are encountering. They stated that tips alone will not fix this and that the whole complete injector must be changed. Anyone else have this? I didnt realize one would knock that bad from a injector. Anyone know a place to get a reman injector? I can get new injectors and trucks for cost through my uncles but they still arent that cheap.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 PM
GOS

Knock

Yes I've seen this first hand. The truck is still under warranty. GM extended the warranty coverage out to 200,000 because of the injector issues. Take it to them and get a new set put in.

Contact 1-800-620-4467
Fax 1-406-222-4926
[email protected]

GOS Performance, Livingston, Mt. Wholesale distributor for Edge, Superchips, SCT, Quadzilla, Smarty, Diablo, Dr Performance, Bully Dog, MBRP, Magnaflow, aFe, S&B, Industrial Injection, High Tech Turbos, BD Diesel, ATS Diesel, SunCoast, South Bend Clutch, Haisley Machine, ARP, DiPricol, Autometer, Revtek, Superlift, Rancho, ProFab, Destroked Conversions, family owned and operated since 1994. Dealer Inquiries welcome.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I was told the warranty was 7 years or 200,000 and from what I can gather this is out of warranty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode