fault codes then feels like starting in 3rd - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by trmn8r, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 4708 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
fault codes then feels like starting in 3rd

Looked at a truck last week, found codes on tranny, took it to a tranny shop, they looked it over said it was leaking around electric plug, wires soaked in oil was probably the problem. It was shifting fine, so took a chance it was just the plug and wires, bought truck all was well.

Till this morning, went out, hopped in it, felt like it was taking off in third or something. moved a bit, stopped, tried again, this time it wouldn't move, put back on obd reader, throwing original codes ( I had cleared them, to see if they came back )

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN: 1GTHK23648F219027
Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown
Vehicle Calibration ID: 12628594

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0877: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0751: Shift Solenoid "A" Performance or Stuck Off
P0757: Shift Solenoid "B" Stuck On
P0761: Shift Solenoid "C" Performance or Stuck Off
P0762: Shift Solenoid "C" Stuck On

Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
ECU reports no other fault codes logged

End of report.

Killed motor, restarted, put in drive, felt like third again, went to reverse, nothing, killed motor restarted, went straight to reverse, backed up 50 feet or so to where I started and killed it, don't want to do any damage to it trying to move it again.

Called back tranny shop I had taken it to to begin with, says sounds like "going to have to replace valve body, around $600 to $800, with fluid and filters.

This sound right to ya'll?

Crap, was hoping it was just the plug, and I could get to it at my leisure, when it was convenient.

2008 GMC Sierra SLE 2500 HD
Pretty much stock as far as I know or can tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 AM

You still have the issue? If its an Allison have an Allison shop clear the TCM an OBD unit wont clear all of them Sometimes they will get filled up with garbage codes bad connection etc, and the trans will lockup to protect itself. Also check to see if there is a power wire from the alternator to the trans. If its corroded or broken this will put the trans into limp mode.

Also if its a 1000 or 2000 series change the spinon filter and use only Allison filters the electronic controlled transmissions are sensitive to flow and pressure.
Bob Wolf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode