Full Transo Go Install-Difficult?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diamond3Max, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 864 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Full Transo Go Install-Difficult??

Im thinking about having a full transgo and maybe a converter installed in my transmission sometime soon.

Would you trust a reputable transmission shop install a shift kit. I have thought about doing it but NO Thanks!!! If I can some up with the money I might throw a converter in there. Im looking to hold the Quad S2 (215hp) maybe or just the Diablo on 120hp.

What would labor be for just the transgo. I dont really want to pay double labor to do the shift kit then do the TC later but it may just have to work that way.

Unless there is anyone in Texas who would be willing to help for cheaper than the going mechanic rates???!!!???!!?!?!

Thanks
Jamie

2003 GMC LB7 DMax/Alli, 4" Exhaust w/ Muffler, 6" Rolled Edge Tip, AFE Drop-in Filter, 16x9 Moto Metal 951's, 285 BFG A/T, Debaged, Full Tint Job, Denali Grill, B&W TurnoverBall, 7" In-Dash DVD Toushscreen, Clear Headlights

Wreck' em Tech

SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #21

FOR SALE $23,500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 AM

if you are looking to have someone do it i would try to find someone that has done work on allison transmissions first, if not go to a reputable transmission shop and talk to them before you decide to let them tear into it

while you have it out if i were you i would look at suncoast stage III it includes new converter, the price of transgo and converter wont be much less. and you wont have much more in labor costs if they already have transmission out and apart if you take it somewhere

if you have done any transmission work, with a good manual and patience you could do it yourself.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
diesel idiot

I would do it myself if I were you... otherwise to just pay a shop its a murderous amount of money for just a shift kit.

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoedmax
I would do it myself if I were you... otherwise to just pay a shop its a murderous amount of money for just a shift kit.
Not so if it doesn't work and someone has to rip it out and diagnose the problem. Could be more damage the second time around. I take in a lot of tech calls every single day and I don't think everyone should be doing this on their own.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 02:15 AM
diesel idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L.
The install is not bad at all and I would recommend it very highly. Best bang for the buck for your Alli.
Not everyone. But i dont think this is over mechanically inclined people's heads. You were the one who told me the install wasnt bad mike.

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoedmax
Not everyone. But i dont think this is over mechanically inclined people's heads. You were the one who told me the install wasnt bad mike.
That was me talking about the Transgo jr. The full kit requires more work and partial disassembly of trans. Yes it is not too hard but not exactly a walk in the park. Not everyone can do this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 06:54 AM
diesel idiot

oh ok well i was confused because that thread was started by me about and LB7 and i was asking about the transgo..

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well Im not a mechanic but I have done injectors in a cummins and a few other odds and ends on a dodge but I dont know anything about automatic transmissions. I have never been inside on nor pulled one. I think with a good manual and maybe a few calls to mikeL I might could get it done. I just dont want to get 6 hours in this deal, get REALLY lost, and be with out a operating transmission and a driveable truck.

Jamie

2003 GMC LB7 DMax/Alli, 4" Exhaust w/ Muffler, 6" Rolled Edge Tip, AFE Drop-in Filter, 16x9 Moto Metal 951's, 285 BFG A/T, Debaged, Full Tint Job, Denali Grill, B&W TurnoverBall, 7" In-Dash DVD Toushscreen, Clear Headlights

Wreck' em Tech

SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #21

FOR SALE $23,500
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
diesel idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond3Max
Well Im not a mechanic but I have done injectors in a cummins and a few other odds and ends on a dodge but I dont know anything about automatic transmissions. I have never been inside on nor pulled one. I think with a good manual and maybe a few calls to mikeL I might could get it done. I just dont want to get 6 hours in this deal, get REALLY lost, and be with out a operating transmission and a driveable truck.

Jamie
I feel you there. Im lucky enough to live by a guy whos built a few good alli's and is going to help me out.

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode