dash light go out - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dirtworker, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 816 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
?????????????

Garage
dash light go out

OK here we go. I have the ol 83 burb, 4x4, 6.2 with lighting issues. I have just purchased it recently so i am unaware if it is a ongoing problem. Problem did not arise until about two weeks after I got it. When you pull the headlight switch the lights come on, dash lights stay off, and the gauges all pegg out one way or the other. Turn it off and all goes back to normal. I replaced the switch and they worked for about 10 minutes and happened again. Thought it might be a grounding issue on the switch and tested the ground with a test light--all ok. pulled the flasher---still a problem, unplugged the dimmer switch---still a problem. The heater and 4x4 lights still work but the other dash lights go out. Also when it does this the bright light indicator comes on when the lights are not on bright---turn them on bright and the bright indicator goes out. I have not wired up anything funky on it and cant seem to find anything that was wired funky in the past. Oh when this happens a buzzer goes off for about 30 seconds (sounds like the seat belt buzzer but not not as loud). All the following still work fine---heater, radio, turn signals, interior lights, power outlet. Any help would be great. Thanks Bryan

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN MOVIN CAUSE I WAS HAULIN BUTT WHEN I PASSED YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 01:42 AM

I am no expert, but that almost sounds like a main dash ground or maybe a body ground strap is broken or not making good contact.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 AM

maybe a loose gound, but as i always say, check your fuses haha

1996 F-350 LB CC 4 in. lift 35 in. BFG AT's Go Rhino Grill Gaurd, Stancor GPR.

"Id rather be stroked than rammed!"
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to 91/2 7.3idi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996_strokerKid
maybe a loose gound, but as i always say, check your fuses haha
deffinatly check your fuses, my dad drove around in his 94 gmc for like 6 months with no dash lights because he didnt check the fuses, he thought it was the cluster. so yea, check your fuses

Nick
91 f-250 xcab,long bed,7.3 idi(soon to be a dt 360) 5 speed, 33's, pump turned up, ultra-lite gauges and 6 inch flat black miter cut stacks. coming soon:turbo and intercooler.

97 gmc 2500 2x4 6.5 turbo 5 speed. k&n intake and muffler cut off. gone but not forgotten

01 gmc 2500hd duramax xcab long bed 4x4. straight piped
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
?????????????
Threadstarter

Garage
All the fuses are good, that was one of the first things I checked. All the other lights work fine the the gauge lights themselves. All the gauges get wacked out also. I replaced the switch and they worked for about ten minutes and id it again. Which also led me away from the fuses. I have pulled the light switch again and used a jumper to jump power to indv. wires and the same thing happens when I apply power to the heaglight wire.

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN MOVIN CAUSE I WAS HAULIN BUTT WHEN I PASSED YOU
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode