6.2 vortec - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Chevypowa670, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 845 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

6.2 vortec

I love the 6.2 that GM makes and i was wondering if anyone knows why they don't put them in the 2500 and 3500 hd's. Currently they put them in the sierre Denili(sp) and the escalade and they are really powerful engines. So i was wondering what anyone else thinks about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 06:41 PM
JakeBrakeIH

Send a message via AIM to jakebrakeIH
yeah it does make you wonder why they do the things they do...they say that the 6.2 has 403hp & 417 tq while the 6.0s have 367hp and 375tq...thats quiet a bit difference considering that the larger trucks will most likely haul more than a Denali plus it has a 6 speed auto...you would really think that they would offer it in other trucks...:shrug: ...this is a good question

2000 Silverado 1500 4.8L 5 speed 4x4

Go:K&N FIPK, Dual Flowmasters,
2002 PCM, Custom Tunes

Show:5% tint, Debadged, xeon blue HL,
clear parking lights, color matched grille, billet grille & bowtie
AR 20"s wheels, Kenwood HU, Kicker L7, Sirius, Blue LEDs in cluster:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrakeIH
yeah it does make you wonder why they do the things they do...they say that the 6.2 has 403hp & 417 tq while the 6.0s have 367hp and 375tq...thats quiet a bit difference considering that the larger trucks will most likely haul more than a Denali plus it has a 6 speed auto...you would really think that they would offer it in other trucks...:shrug: ...this is a good question

After i posted this question in this forum i went around to few others and asked, someone told me that the reason GM doesn't offer it yet is because it is just a marketing tool to put your top-of-the-line engines in your top trucks so people will by them, according to a few people (i don't know how reliable there info is) GM will offer this engine in there 2500 and 3500's within the next few years, boy we can only hope:Thumbup:
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 10:16 AM

6.2 Engine

I was wondering the same thing with this engine, I came across a GMC Truck on the net that had this engine and was surprised at what I read about it, it was the first one that I saw with it, I have heard about it but never saw one, they should offer it in other vehicles as well, I bet it is one powerful engine for a gasser.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode