Rewiring, Paint, and Air! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by fordt, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 541 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanked 1,064 Times in 566 Posts
Garage
Rewiring, Paint, and Air!

Nearly 3 years ago I was in a rush and had my B&W Hitch, and plug in the bed installed. Not that they did a bad job, they did the job like they always had for me over the years. Problem is, I have never kept a truck more than say 14-16 months. I always knew they used to scotch locks for the trailer plug in the bed. Last week it was giving me some problems so I decided to rip it out and rewire. In doing so I found a rats nest of wires. I tore it ALL out. Right now I made the individual harness' up, but waiting on these splices. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time, so I will do it right this time.

Also going to pull the bed, paint it with 3M rubberized undercoating, and also paint the underside of the bed with it, then move up the frame. I am going to put a new 304 SS exhaust on when finished.

I took off my horns, compressor and tank along with all that wiring. Going to run another 380CC VIAIR and I got a 5gal tank to replace the 3gal. Instead of running 12G to the rear, I am running 2G to a block, and running the compressors off of it. I am sure it's overkill, but I have a few hundred feet of 2G laying around.

-Wayne
2007 Chevy LBZ 6.6L Classic

Quote:
Age is a hell of a price to pay for maturity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode