The Diesel Garage banner

More injector questions

768 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  iwannagofast 
#1 ·
Ok, looking at my choices in injectors, im wondering why i should'nt just go with the stage 5 jammers? I know my egt's will be ignorant with my stock turbo. But if i watch the pyro and let off when i get hot, why not? Alot of you guys like the rv 275's but they only add about 40 hp dont they? The truck is no longer a daily driver, but still has to be drivable when it is driven. I do plan on upgrading the turbo in the future. So what do you guys think? Big power is needed, also, smoke does NOT bother me in the least. So that's not even an issue.

#2 ·
Better power can be made going with a better injector. I would suggest a mach series. It will create the same or more power with lower EGT's. A mach 3 would do quite well for you IMO. The jammers are only a good way to go if you're really on a budget. You will also need to adjust your pop pressures if you install them.
Sean

#4 ·
Ya, the more I read about the jammer nozzles the more I find that I may have made the wrong choice but, like sstockton said, I was on a budget and $200 bucks was worth the power but now my egts are high, thats only with the stage 2's, its no fun when the quad is on 3 and you have to watch the pyro pegged @ 1600*, speaking from experience I would look at all my options, putting the jammers on the bottom of the list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.