Well I'm now running B100 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bgtony1, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1020 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Super Enthusiast

Well I'm now running B100

Yahoo! I've got 13 miles on B100. So far so good. I seemed to notice slightly less power at about 2700 rpm but I might be imagining it. It sort of just lays down a little quicker. But I need to drive it more. It definitely runs smoother at idle and the exhaust smells different. Not like fries but sort of like hot metal. It's hard to describe but it definitely smells less cancer causing than dinodiesel. My wife is actually warming up to it. I thought I was going to have slip it in her car without her knowing but she asked me if I was going to put some in her car. So, I will have to get some extra filters for her car pretty quick! I can't wait to get my processor going!

There has to be more than just a few of us running this stuff. Come on everybody! Speak up. Lets here how your doing on BIODIESEL!

I'll admit I'm kind of spoiled because I can have it delivered for free because my supplier is local and they service a fuel station a mile from me. Currently they buy it in 2000 gallon lots then set the price at what they bought that lot for until it's gone. But if the next lot costs more the consumer pays more. This 55 gal. cost me $3.00/gal. Last year it was $3.75/gal. The interest has really gone gone up lately. Most of the people buying it around here are farmers and construction companys. A few are people like me trying it for the first time. I'm 37 and we are going to see a huge change in the way people consume fossel fuels in my lifetime. We can either wait until we are forced or we can do something about it before that. I prefer the later. Jump on board if your able. I'm going try my best to stay ahead of it, instead of just follow like a sheep. Just my opinion.

Good luck!
Tony

2002 DODGE 4WD QUAD CAB 2500, SUNCOAST 47RE W/TRIPLE DISK AND BILLET INPUT SHAFT, F.A.S.S, 2 INCH LEVELING SPACERS, FP,BOOST,PYRO,TRANS GAUGES, 5 INCH STRAIGHT PIPEDon: 10K+miles on B100 18.3mpg (BEST)

2003 TDI GOLF (WIFE'S) 50+ MPG

1985 1.6L n/a diesel GOLF, FULL 3 INCH EXHAUST 45 MPG ON FIRST TANK

66' CHEVELLE SS BB468", TH400, 9" W/LOCKER, MOSER AXLES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 PM

I agree with ya about staying ahead of the curve. I have been running B99 in my rig for about 5,000 miles and it really likes it.

2011 Dodge 3500 DRW CTD CrewCab 4X4 G56
2012 PJ 40' Dual Tandem Flat Bed
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 10:44 PM

Wow, I thought B100 would have a negative impact on nitrile seals?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1n
My supplier told me I could run it straight without blending with no problems. I had heard that somewhere else but don't remember where. Have you seen problems of this type before? I'd rather play it safe if there's any doubt. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow.

Tony

2002 DODGE 4WD QUAD CAB 2500, SUNCOAST 47RE W/TRIPLE DISK AND BILLET INPUT SHAFT, F.A.S.S, 2 INCH LEVELING SPACERS, FP,BOOST,PYRO,TRANS GAUGES, 5 INCH STRAIGHT PIPEDon: 10K+miles on B100 18.3mpg (BEST)

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 AM

My local pump sells B10.
Been using B10 for a year.
No lose of power or MPG.
With B10 it is diffently quieter and a lot less smell.
My only problem with Biodiesel is the fact it makes my engine quieter.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Enthusiast
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1n

I called three fuel distributers and stopped at an injector pump shop this week. Not one person could tell me bio has any negative impact on nitrile seals. The pump shop owner told me there are only a few seals in the np44 that actually see fuel. It's a simple rebuild if problems arise. I did get school'd about that affects of low sulfur diesel though. This stuff will cause leaks when used in a higher mileage engine. I was told regular diesel fuel makes pump seals swell a little but the low sulfer stuff doesn't. It's the process that is used to remove surfur from the fuel that causes this. So when you run it without a fuel conditioner the seals begin to pass fuel (leak). Supposedly the new vehicals that only see low sulfur fuel tend to not develop problems because there seals never swelled in the first place. Just something I thought I would share. I wouldn't call it gospel but it makes sense to me.

By the way mileage seems to be better on bio. I will calculate after this weekend when my 55 gallons are gone.

Tony

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:05 PM

You may be right. Let us know how it goes. Here is some more reading...

http://forums.biodieselnow.com
http://www.enginemanufacturers.org/a...upload/297.pdf
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 03:09 PM

B100 runs great in my 96-f250 had a fuel pump oring fail on the suction/check valve side, pulsation dampening hoses were very mushy mechanic friend kinda freaked when I told him I was running b100. He started mumbling something about Navistar only recommending a max. 5% and wondering how the injector orings were holding up,well he replaced the pump and hoses and test drove the truck he to noticed less engine noise and exhaust smell.Well its a few grand miles later and no problems yet,knock on wood! Bio-diesel is great stuff enviormentally ,mechanically,and reduces our dependense on imported stuff ,I would be more vocal about homebrewing but I feel like its to good to be true when big oil and the rendering companies figuring out how many folks are doing this and they are not getting a cut thay will start lobbing for more laws to punish us.You can seek the necessary permits,insurance and inspections ect to home brew legally but the money and time would defeat the purpose,and be denied any way in the end.maybe I'm just paranoid,anyway to those out there brewing thier own,so thay can have a little more to spend on the family good luck and be safe. sorry for rambling on so, Grease junky
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Enthusiast
Threadstarter

By the way mileage seems to be better on bio. I will calculate after this weekend when my 55 gallons are gone.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Well after 55 gallons of B100 and 1013 miles I get 18.4 mpg! My best average in two tank fulls of mineral diesel is 18.3mpg 50/50 highway and street. That's without changing my driving habits at all. It's no 30mpg but I'm not a legend in my own time.(ie JPONDER) I'm on my second 55 gal drum. This time no jack rabbit starts and a smooth transition in speed. We'll see if I can best that 18.4mpg. later

Tony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode