Rookie Question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diesel_Rookie, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 999 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Rookie Question

Let me first start by saying I have not yet purchased my diesel truck, but when I do I want to seriously consider burning biodiesel - for all the obvious reasons.

That being said, what kind of mechanical modification, if any, will need to be made to be able to burn B100? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 07:18 PM

well it depends somewhat on what kind of truck your gonna have, but either way all your really gonna need to do is change out the fuel lines from the rubber stuff the BIO will eat right through the rubber, fuel injector lines from NAPA work fine.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 12:37 AM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
I'm not sure of the changes you need to make, but the OEM's do have a max on the amount of Bio you can run. Thats assuming you get a new truck.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to moose99psd
ram man your not totally right in that statement.. the older truck like ford obs and back they actually may be ok to run full bio... the lines were changed and trucks from like 99 and up no changes should really be needed... diesel rookie google is your friend here google biodiesel you will find more information than u will ever need to know and u will find alot of places selling all u need to make it GOOD LUCK!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose99ps
ram man your not totally right in that statement.. the older truck like ford obs and back they actually may be ok to run full bio... the lines were changed and trucks from like 99 and up no changes should really be needed... diesel rookie google is your friend here google biodiesel you will find more information than u will ever need to know and u will find alot of places selling all u need to make it GOOD LUCK!!
Thats fine, I don't mind being corrected, now I know next time I won't be wrong, well a buddy of mine has a 2001 dodge 3500 he runs and brews his own BIO 90% of the time, and he hasn't had any problems, he just has a Holley blue fuel pump and Vulcan kit, we drove all the way to charlotte, and back on one tank of BIO

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the info!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 01:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to moose99psd
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_ram_man
Thats fine, I don't mind being corrected, now I know next time I won't be wrong, well a buddy of mine has a 2001 dodge 3500 he runs and brews his own BIO 90% of the time, and he hasn't had any problems, he just has a Holley blue fuel pump and Vulcan kit, we drove all the way to charlotte, and back on one tank of BIO
down in charlotte eh? next time ur gonna be down my way shoot me a pm ill buy ya a... soda or something
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose99ps
down in charlotte eh? next time ur gonna be down my way shoot me a pm ill buy ya a... soda or something
Yeah laugh it up, are you near Charlotte? We had to go up there to pick up my dad's new ATV at a REdcat warehouse. We drove there picked up the ATV and came back made no stops, only for lunch.

Quote:
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 05:27 PM
TDG Mafia Member #21

I guess I will chime in here. If I drive to Charlotte again anytime soon, I prefer "LITE" soda.: What do ya think Charley.

Just a little input on the bio question while I am here. The newer common rail trucks will be just a touch less forgiving if you are going to make your own fuel due to higher pressures. There have been a few reports of flocing in lower quality fuels. TAKE YOUR TIME and make it right and there should be no problems in any of the trucks you buy.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Yeah moose if you can't figure it out ^^^^ thats who I went to Charlotte with. And yes he prefers light soda

Quote:
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode