Fuel Primer - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DMAXITOL, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 730 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Question Fuel Primer

My 600 to 700 mile a day heavy hauler has entered into a 30 mi a month grocery getter retirement phase. I worry about the diesel turning into, well you know. I know to keep the tanks full to help with the moisture. I use Howes diesel treat at the "auto" ratio now. What can I expect as a life expectancy for fuel before "it changes" into something else, in the cooler months ahead. Is there a better fuel additive with a stabilizer someone has experience with that's easily obtainable nationwide? No garage, so she sleeps outside! Temps rarely below 30* in this part of the woods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:44 AM
TDG Mafia Member #21

Power Service from Wal-Mart. I use it in the winter when I am not running bio. Make sure you get the winter mix if you are worried about gelling. I don't think that would happen in La. though.

2007 F350 CC 4x4, EGR delete, stock for now

Old truck :"01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

No, not much of a gel problem here! I'm more curious about how long diesel can sit before it separates out and destroys the fuel system? I carry about 90 gallons total, a real pain to dispose of if it comes to that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode