2-cycle oil for lube in ulsd - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_diesel71, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 964 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

2-cycle oil for lube in ulsd

im am looking for pics or an actual injector out of a 6.0 that has used 2-cycle oil as an addative. i will pay s&h if you have one in working order or not but must have had 2-cycle oil run threw it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Why would anyone even do this?

All the International fuel system components have bee nextensively tested on LSD and ULSD for compatability, and there are NO issues even with the 7.3L ones, let alone the 6.0L injectors that were designed to tolerate it.

There is NO lubricity issue with diesel fuel due to low sulpher levels.

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 AM

A reputable diesel mechanic swears by running ATF in his fuel. That said.....

I know....and have read......all the pros/cons/thoughts of ATF in fuel on this board and don't want want to start another discussion on ATF here.

BUT.......wouldn't two-stroke oil be better than the alternatives of ATF or cooking oil?

I've been tossing this idea around for several months without comming to a conclusion. I'm getting about 1-2 mpg LESS with the ULSD.

Anybody running two stroke oil?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 02:50 PM

Standadyne howes etc go through tons of testing to thier products. Alsao on the new trucks running dpf's anything w/ash or low ash (would have to use no ash) will clog dpf's

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I would like to think im a reputable tech and thats why id like to see a injector that has had 2-cycle oil added to the fuel. imoa 2-cycle would be a better addative than atf. i have a customer with 5 f-350 6.0s he adds 4oz of 2-cycle to every tank. i have not had to change an injector on any of his trucks so have not seen the insides of them. id like to here from anyone thats using it as a lube?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 02:05 PM

dont know if this helps any,but i have been running a bottle [32oz] to every 50 gallons of fuel [both off/on road fuel],for nearly 5 months now.dont know if it's makeing any difference or not[good or bad]. i really dont worry about the fuel system on my powerstroke,as mentioned it will handle the new fuel,therefore i dont add anything to it. in a month or so,i will be changeing out the injectors on one of my old gm trucks. after doing this,i will give it a little time then pull a couple of the new ones to chk for excess carbon. i would like to know the results myself,but i do know some dodge owners who highly recommend the adding of ashless 2cyl oil. there is a local pump rebuilder that claims he's seeing a surge in failures,he also recomends an additive. some food for thought,many of the new outboard engines are fuel injected,seems it if works in them,there would be no issue in a diesel? i do know that when the fuel was introduced in the early 90's,it cost me some pumps,i dont want a repeat.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thanks navistar i took the plung and now in the testing stage 2 of are work trucks get 16oz of reguler 2-cycle oil on every fill up. after 10,000 miles i will remove one injector from each truck. hope to see less injector plunger wear. didnt have a real resone for the 160z just made it easy on the driver durring fill ups. i did take a fuel sample from both to check centain and the color shows a slite green from normal. have any sugestions on ratios?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 PM

I've ran a least 16-20 oz. in ever fill up of 2-cycle oil (tcw-3) and power service mixed for well over a year in my dodge to help with lube for my vp-44 and have not had a problem yet if you set and figured it out it's such a low ratio it could'nt hurt nothing but will help and pick mpg up a little a few of my powerstroke and duramax buddys have ran the same mix and are loving it theres a lot of fellow dodge owners running this mix on the net and have had no bad affect at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode