Input on Mixing - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by genie144, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 790 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Input on Mixing

Ok so I would really really like to make my own Bio-D, but given I don't have the facilities for it, I can't. The local Coop selling Bio-D is difficult to get a hold of, is moving, and is more expensive than Petro - for members. Non members it is like .30 cents more. So I can't do that for right now. I want to start using alternative fuel to do my part. I am going to start with blending with virgin veg oil from Sam's and then gradually switch over to WVO for the blend. With the plan of making Bio-D towards the end of this year from the WVO I will be collecting. So with that said...

I have a 100 gallon tank in my bed that I am planning on using for the mixing. I am thinking that if I turn the valve off dump everything in and drive around for a couple days it will get a pretty good mixing and be good to go. I'll open the valve and use it all and then repeat process next month.

First will this method of blending work?

Specifically blending in the fuel tank by driving around sloshing it.

Second what should I blend?

I am needing a specific recipe for a 100 gallon batch. I plan on using petro diesel, Veggie Oil, and whatever else you guys reccomend. I was thinking along the lines of a 30% Veggie Oil. But I mind of pulled that number from out of my arse. I don't want to run to high a percent of Veggie Oil, but I want to stop some of my money from going to the people in the Middle East and Texas.

Appreciate the knowledge and assistance.

Sam

The Trash Truck
96 CC F350 SRW - Built for SVO and mileage
Go Green - HotFox, Dual Heated Dahl 100s, Fuel Filter Coolant Wrap, ArcticFox
Go Fast - Hybrids, H2E, 6.0 IC, Fuelab, BTS 144.2/291.5 uncorrected

thanx go to
Rockin-S-Performance - Install, tech support, and advice
Diesel Innovations - Killer Deal on Parts
Tony Wildman/SWAMPS - Tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:17 AM
TDG Mafia # 81

BAD IDEA!!!!!!! Buy a processor, as I have done what you are talking about with my truck and burned up an IP with water in the oil. If you do decide to do this, then get a good fuel water seperator, and be sure you can dry all the water out of the oil.

I would advise against what you are thinking of doing unless you can get 100% of water out of the oil.

Tony

2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, 4X4. A few go fast goodies. 540hp/1107tq Danville Dyno 11/09, Kennedy 40% injectors.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
T.D.G. Mafia Member #88

The WVO is loaded with fat from the food that is cooked in it take it from Tonylaugh , mixing is a BAD IDEA!!! The fat develops into a thin coating that will settle in every place possible in your fuel system. You do what ever you want but one lift pump was enough to tell me the truth about mixing .

06 Mega Cab 3500 CTD 4X4 Auto SRW
http://www.hoosiertruckclub.com/phpBB3/index.php
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:38 AM
TDG Mafia # 81

Thanks CP, glad I can be the butt end of this.

2001 GMC 2500HD EC/LB, 4X4. A few go fast goodies. 540hp/1107tq Danville Dyno 11/09, Kennedy 40% injectors.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
T.D.G. Mafia Member #88

No prob Tony, its the least I can do considering you were the one that got me to try that crap ! That stuff will glaze everything, its like the worst case of varnish in a gasser that you could imagine and I was only runnin 30% mix with dino and it went through double filtration before it hit the tank. that stuff is a joke unless you use a processor.

06 Mega Cab 3500 CTD 4X4 Auto SRW
http://www.hoosiertruckclub.com/phpBB3/index.php
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 AM
TDG Mafia # 81

Hey CP, maybe you should check this out and see if there are any sites near you, that way you can clean out that dirty tank.

http://biodiesel.org/buyingbiodiesel...tate.asp?st=IN

Tony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode