burning waste motor oil - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by drgriff, this thread has received 10 replies and been viewed 1944 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

burning waste motor oil

I saw a post that someone is going to burn his waste motor oil after oil changes. I am new to bioD and have not heard about burning WMO. Do you do anything to it before running it, aside from filtering out all of the junk and metal? Do you mix it with your WVO and process it? I know oil will burn, I had a gasser that burned it great after 200,000 miles, my own private smoke screen. Won't it smoke terrible in a diesel also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Dually Club #3

Don't know but it doesn't sound very appitizing to me.

Jason

06 F-350 4x4 CC LB Tow Boss Lariat 6.0l auto. Banks PowerPDA, Banks SpeedBrake, FICM Atlas 40 Tune, ARP Studs, PowerMax GT3788VA turbo, Homemade coolant filter, EGR valve delete spool, Monster Exhaust, K&N Cold air intake,Mishimoto Radiator,Husky mudflaps, Line-X bed liner, Recon lights, TUNED BY Innovative.
72 F-250 Gasser.FOR SALE
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I should have continued to read. Just found a post about it. The people in the post don't recommend it either. They stated that it could damage the injectors. I don't think I will try it, I was just curious if it might work.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 01:31 AM

you have to process it 1st.

2006 PSD 4X4
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 05:39 AM

I posted this in the Dodge forum, but I just heard about a web site that I am very curious about. It is www.myfastfuel.com The process makes sence to me, but what do you guys think? I am hoping some of you guys that really know diesels can check it out and give your two cents worth. I'm pretty gullable (and I don't spell very well either)

2003, 2wd, quad cab, long bed, automatic, AEM intake, Striker II, Isspro guages, 275k miles
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM

I just reread the title. waste motor oil I do not think you can use it.

2006 PSD 4X4
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 01:12 PM

You could but my guess is youd clog the fuel filter and injecotrs in the process

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 04:02 PM

if you have a 12 valve cummins, 6.5td, or an old idi 7.3l you could indeed run a 50-50% mix of waste motor oil and diesel fuel or less. my brother has done it in his 12v powered chevy, with no issues.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
T.D.G. Mafia Member #88

Sure you can use it. Anything that has lubricity can be ran in a diesel engine after all they were intended to be powered by oil in the first place. UH-NO! I see alot of people on the web sayin how great of a deal burnin this and that in their diesel truck but I got sucked into the WVO GIMMICK!
Injectors and LP's aren't cheap and niether is the stress of your wife breaking down on the side of the road. Then discovering what caused your semi-catastrophic failure was your lack of intelligence and cheap ***** not wanting to pay the price for fuel.
I know there are alot of good setups out there for processing legitimate fuel but motor oil has detergents that do not burn without leaving a residue. Residue wiether it's from glycerin or detergents or even stabilizers that are in all lubricants(to prevent breakdown in excessive heat), this will cause some sort of failure on your vehicle.
If it seems too good to be true-IT IS! These trucks are designed and engineered around #2. If you can make it burn clean and combust like #2 then you really have something. However just because your engine runs with your home-brew in doesn't mean that it's running correctly. Such as early detination of the fuel, you'd need to retard your timing due to increased cylinder pressures. These things will change from tank to tank.
Just over-educate youself in this and you'll talk yourself out of it.

Wade

06 Mega Cab 3500 CTD 4X4 Auto SRW
http://www.hoosiertruckclub.com/phpBB3/index.php
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 AM

I have heard of a few doing it but dump some in before changing there fuel filters & best to filter it first. I know the people so I don't think they are just blowing smoke? Using some from a cars oil change, is way different than burning it 50/50 every day. Also the older diesels are probably ok, the new fuel pumps & emissions probably won't like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode