Bio-Diesel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Chevypowa670, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 719 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Bio-Diesel

to all you guys that fill up with bio-diesel does it work well for you? I don't know much about it and i was wondering do your tanks last longer with bio-diesel or does it burn quicker then regular diesel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 02:43 AM

I run 100% home made in the tank, and I lost about 1 mpg. But at .60 a gallon, I will take the loss.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
I be Architect'n

Newer engines (>04)will see a small decrease in mileage, about 1-1.5 mpg's, due to the lower cetane rating compaired to DinoD and the high horsepower these engines make, but older engines (<03) will typically see increases in the 1-1.5 mpg's

2K3 EXCURSION 7.3L 4x4 EDDIE BAUER 107K miles as of 06-13-07
AFE Stage II / 4" MBRP exhaust / DP-Tuner F5 (Stock, 60hp Tow, 80hp Econo, 120hp race & High Idle) / Quadzilla Commander/ATS Housing
Running homebrewed BioDiesel and custom SVO kit for 70k miles.:Thumbup:
Misc. Mods: ZooDad/By-Pass Oil Filter/203* T-Stat/Coolant Filter/HPX/CCV Reroute/Tranny Filter/Foil Delete/Stereo Stuff/ITP Reg Return/Non-EBPV Pedistal and Exhaust Housing/Adjustable Waste Gate Controller/

"If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back to you it was probably a high-side."

I'LL TRY TO KEEP UP, BUT THE EXCURSION IS A BIG GIRL AND BIG GIRLS DON'T LIKE TO MOVE FAST.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks280zt
I run 100% home made in the tank, and I lost about 1 mpg. But at .60 a gallon, I will take the loss.

dang that sounds nice, is it hard to make your own fuel?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 09:06 PM

Can you read and take your time? Then no. I read a few books and did alot of online reading and then dove right in. My first 100 gallons I ran through an old Freighliner cabover I use as a yard dog to see how it went. No problems then I stepped it up to my pick up.

The hardest part is finding waste cooking oil. Most of the time its contracted out and resturants are paid for it. Prepare to offer them some money for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode