I posted the same request under the Events Forum, too. Apologize for duplication
I'm working with the National Biodiesel Board and the United Soybean Board on education and outreach efforts to promote biodiesel. TheDieselGarage.com has done a great job by joining the Biodiesel Alliance [see Parking Lot Forum] and encouraging a lot of folks to sign up as Biodiesel Backers. It's also great to see a lot of positive discussion about biodiesel in the alternative fuels forum. Well, enough of this! :blah:
I'm looking for your help.
- Looking for events in 2006 where our team could reach lots of truckers through an exhibit on biodiesel. No guarantee we can take advantage of such opportunities, but knowing abut them and who to contact are first steps.
- Seeking diesel trucks in the competition field to help promote biodiesel by using and/or signage promoting biodiesel. I'm no expert, but possibilities that occur to me include:
(1) DHRA competitors--race vehicles and/or haulers. Shoot, maybe DHRA would be willing to 'adopt' the biodiesel message[COLOR=Red]!?
(2) NASCAR. 16-wheel haulers. They could use biodiesel blend and brag about it with signage on the truck.
(3) NASCAR truck racing series. Again, the truck haulers. Also I read recently about PowerStroke's diesel-powered racing truck that they took around to the NASCAR truck races. Visited their website, but no luck getting through to someone live.
Biodiesel is a domestically produced, renewable fuel that's produced from feedstock grown by American farmers. It's good for energy security and for the environment, and biodiesel blends perform well in existing engines. Hope you'll agree it's a winner that's worth supporting, right!?
Thanks in advance your your support and your good ideas. :thanks: