2 Stroke Oil as a Fuel Additive - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bluovaltruk01, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 4261 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia #95

2 Stroke Oil as a Fuel Additive

First of all, I must give credit where credit is due: Mopar1973Man. He's the one who gave us the idea of using it. Second, I must also state that this is my attempt to get a sticky posted on the idea for people to read and understand the benefits and usage.

When I tried the idea in my truck, I, like many others, was skeptical of the idea. IT WORKS GREAT. Heres why:

The EPA all but removed the sulfur from diesel fuel a couple years back. The fuel that these trucks were designed to run on was low sulfur diesel (LSD), and contained 500 parts per million (PPM) of sulfur or a little less. Sulfur acts as a lubricant in diesel injection systems. Without it or some type of lubricant, premature wear and failure can occur. The current fuel we now have to run is ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD), and contains 15 PPM of sulfur (a very high reduction. There are other additives on the market that are readily available, but with these, there can be a MPG loss. When I started using 2 stroke oil, not only did I notice a quieter, smoother running diesel, but I also picked up an honest .75 to 1 MPG, so its pretty much paying for itself.

The amount that I use, as well as many others, is a 1oz per gallon mix. The oil I use is Super Tech Outboard 2 Stroke Oil (TC-W3) The TC-W3 rating denotes an ash-less oil. Be sure to use ash-less.

The first time you use it, fill your tank with fuel, and add enough oil for the entire capacity of the tank. For example: you have a 38 gallon tank. Add 38 oz of fuel. After that, just add enough oil to cover the amount of fuel you add to the tank. Example: You add 20 gallons of fuel, then pour in 20 oz of oil, and you're set. Hope this helps people who have questions, and again, thanks to Mopar1973man for his efforts. :Thumbup:

Here is the link to MoparMans site....along with all his info:

Moparmans site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 04:25 AM

I just use Power Service in the White bottle . It's like 1 dollar per Tank. The Two Stroke oil is three times that , at least here in Canada.

95 E350 Cargo , BB shim
DP flashed 60 Tow PCM , B&M Aluminium Pan , Transgo Shift Kit , Autometer Triple Pod avec Guages , Cat sleeps with the fishes, Dana 70 FF 3:55 , Timbrens SES Kit
Stage I injectors / IDM mod coming soon
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Dieselis' Maximus

there use to be an options to pay up some points and make it a sticky, but i dont think it exists anymore. I just tried looking and couldnt find it.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia #95
Threadstarter

I'll send Dave a PM and have him look it over.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:07 AM

+1, I use the outboard oil from Wally world too. Works great.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 10:42 PM
TDG Rocks!

I vote a MUST sticky!!!!! In search there were 500 results. And a sticky for 6.0l section. Thanks
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:38 AM

Don't forget about how it quiets your engine.......here's my results from the sound survey-https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ad.php?t=68874
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
2nd Gen Guru

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Mopar1973Man
Quote:
First of all, I must give credit where credit is due: Mopar1973Man. He's the one who gave us the idea of using it. Second, I must also state that this is my attempt to get a sticky posted on the idea for people to read and understand the benefits and usage.
Thank You! :Thumbup:

Anyone that got questions about using just ask! That's want I'm here for!

Michael Nelson - 2002 Dodge Cummins & 1996 Dodge Ram 5.9L Gasser
116K Miles On My VP44 - 4 Years of 2 Cycle Oil Diet! - Mixed at 128:1 Ratio - 25.3 MPG maxed out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode