The Diesel Garage banner

Tuning question

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
I currently have an elite 6pos chip and i was wondering if dptuner could reprogram it with there tunes or should i just buy there new chip? Also im wondering if i should get the pcm to at the same time? Im also wondering is there somthing i can do about how my truck shifts because i hate the way it shifts now it up shifts when not needed an drives me insane. im also going to be getting the beans D66 and stage 2 single shots in the near future they seemed like the best price for both under $3,000, should i wait or can they retune everything later and does it cost alot... i would call but i never get a second during the day and every time i do try there closed im mtn time.

im not a big fan of elite anymore for a couple of reasons but they are no help with my tuning needs or even took the time to help me... i here dp is the way to go!

Thanks sorry bout the long post

#2 ·
HeffPsDiesel said:
I currently have an elite 6pos chip and i was wondering if dptuner could reprogram it with there tunes or should i just buy there new chip? Also im wondering if i should get the pcm to at the same time? Im also wondering is there somthing i can do about how my truck shifts because i hate the way it shifts now it up shifts when not needed an drives me insane. im also going to be getting the beans D66 and stage 2 single shots in the near future they seemed like the best price for both under $3,000, should i wait or can they retune everything later and does it cost alot... i would call but i never get a second during the day and every time i do try there closed im mtn time.

im not a big fan of elite anymore for a couple of reasons but they are no help with my tuning needs or even took the time to help me... i here dp is the way to go!

Thanks sorry bout the long post

Whats been your issue with Elite? Have you called them?

Beyond that, Wait until you have the turbo and injectors before you get the chip, other wise you will just have to reburn it and pay again. DP will not burn on others chips... The only people who will is Tony Wildman and Tadd...

#4 ·
Also another problem i had was when i was going to buy a trani from you and you told me you would get back to me with priceing but never did i called several times and every time i asked to speak with you a differnt guy everytime told me that you where busy or somthing of that nature... i drive my truck everyday and use it for work so i had to go another route.

#6 ·
I hate to jump in on something that I didn't start here, but EVERY time I've needed an answer to a question on my truck, I've sent a PM to Tadd and I've had an answer back within 24 hours. If that's not fast enough, then you're really being too picky, unless the truck won't run at all. If it still runs and you've at least got your stock setting, 24 hours won't hurt you.

I will say that Tadd and Tony will be my first choices for a tuner, and DP will be a very close second. The only reason DP is second is that I won't be able to control Jody's chip with the Commander I'm looking at, where Tadd and Tony's chips can be.

Give Tadd and Elite chance!! They've been through a lot, probably more than most of us know in the last few months. Awesome tunes and very knowledgeable, as is Tony Wildman and Jody from DP. Before you jump ship, give 'em another chance!!

#7 ·
yah i guess the trani thing just made me a little mad no disrespect to tadd at all every time i did ever talk to him he was the biggest help and a really nice guy i dnt really knw about the others but thats why i went with elite in the first place i will have to pm him...

Thanks

#8 ·
Jody at DP will burn other people's chips, he has done twice for me. I'm not trying to take others buisiness, just telling of my experiences.

#9 ·
smokin dually said:
Jody at DP will burn other people's chips, he has done twice for me. I'm not trying to take others buisiness, just telling of my experiences.
If Jody is burning others chips it goes against what they have told everyone. Other then live tuning?

#10 ·
CSIPSD said:
If Jody is burning others chips it goes against what they have told everyone. Other then live tuning?
Joe, if the chip was originally purchased through us he will. The tunes are not his latest though. He has not developed any new tunes for the old style chips in 2+ years. That also includes Van Aaken style chips.

Diane

#11 ·
Should have clarified what I said, Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.