The Diesel Garage banner

Anyone have their 6.4 Lemon Lawed or Bought Back By Ford?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  heavyhaller 
#1 ·
Guys as you may have read my truck went in today for a cab off tear down of my 6.4 due to this tapping sound. I know some of you have had problems with motors grenading and blowing, so any of you that have had your trucks LEMON LAWED or BOUGHT BACK by FORD, please send me a private message on what steps you took to have this completed. I Would like to have more knowledge about approaching the issue should I finally feel that I can't waste anymore time on fixing this 50k machine. When you shell out this kind of money every month you don't want major problems. Please send me any info. Thanks so much

#2 ·
Not even giving them a chance to fix it?

#3 ·
Oh don't get me wrong bud I will definately give them a chance to fix it. Maybe even two or three chances. I've just heard that ford has bought back some of the trucks so I was wondering how to go about it if I feel that there is no fixing my truck at some point. Sorry dont want to sound negative I hope it can be fixed!

#6 ·
Get and keep all receipts and also the name of people you are dealing with!!!!

CALL FORDS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! This needs to be done ASAP! Tell them everything that is going on with the truck and update them as it goes along!

Trust me I know first hand! The stealership I took my truck to, to have the injectors replaced was not going to give me a rental car. I had already been in touch with ford and had a lady who was in charge of my problems. I called her while at the dealership and told her what was going on, she called the dealership while I was on the other line and told them to give me a truck off of their lot as a rental.

First and foremost! Keep your cool! Be polite and it will get you a lot farther than you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
Truck has been in the shop since Feb,1 and counting. No official word from the service shop on what the probem is. Should know by tomorrow hopefully.

#8 ·
Did they give you a time estimate on the repairs?

My good friend has had two trucks bought back by Ford (both 6.0's). He said the key was, like everyone else has said, to document, document, document. He documented actual hours he was without it, not just days. Broke it down into travel time to and from the shop etc...

Good Luck.

If all else fails.
http://www.carlemon.com/

#9 ·
BIGHILLBILLY said:
Get and keep all receipts and also the name of people you are dealing with!!!!

CALL FORDS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! This needs to be done ASAP! Tell them everything that is going on with the truck and update them as it goes along!

Trust me I know first hand! The stealership I took my truck to, to have the injectors replaced was not going to give me a rental car. I had already been in touch with ford and had a lady who was in charge of my problems. I called her while at the dealership and told her what was going on, she called the dealership while I was on the other line and told them to give me a truck off of their lot as a rental.

First and foremost! Keep your cool! Be polite and it will get you a lot farther than you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen brother.....As hard as it may be, it really helps to have the service manager on your side.:damnit I found it really helped to place a tack in the bottom of my shoe and step on it every time I went in that helped distract me from the pain of listening to their excuses...but they did help out in the long run and communication with head office is key.....or you could try this :gun: :jk

I got $14K in repairs 5 weeks of rental charges and my truck payment for a month and a half covered in the end because the service manager pulled it all together....if not for him I would have gotten $35/day toward the rental and that would have been it.....:splat

#10 ·
Good job WAS308.
I could not agree with you more.
These dealers have a certain "code" they have to go by when it comes to their customers. They are a lot like the insurence companies in that respect. They are going to try and keep as much as they can from the pay out, but in the end, (and of course you are in the right), they are going to have to go ahead and do the correct thing to not lose customers and not lose their ***.
Word of mouth is a powerful thing in the vehicle business.
~Mike~:usflag

#11 ·
Thanks guys for all of the helpfull information. As of yesterday afternoon I was told the noise has been located in the area of cylinder 7, but that they have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause. They were pulling the oil pan off to take a look the last I heard. I have a feeling they wont be investigating this much longer, will hand it back to me and tell me to drive it until it blows up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.