The Diesel Garage banner

A New DIY'er here

907 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Rcannon 
#1 ·
Howdy guys,
First time into this forum and as always a wealth of information.
With the dealership wanting upwards of $250.00 to do a motor oil and fuel filter change, I have decided to learn how to do these things myself.
I was wondering who "ya all" go to to buy filters and oil for your rigs.
I know, it is a pretty broad question.
I would actually like to use a vendor that supports this outstanding web site if at all possible.
Any help would be appreciated:bow:
~Mike~:usflag

#2 ·
seapig said:
Howdy guys,
First time into this forum and as always a wealth of information.
With the dealership wanting upwards of $250.00 to do a motor oil and fuel filter change, I have decided to learn how to do these things myself.
I was wondering who "ya all" go to to buy filters and oil for your rigs.
I know, it is a pretty broad question.
I would actually like to use a vendor that supports this outstanding web site if at all possible.
Any help would be appreciated:bow:

Jiffy lube... They do all my oil changes, $90.00 and I am out the door. Hands clean, oil clean and my back doesnt hurt...:sofa

But when I change the oil on the wifes X (because for some reason I cant get the company to pay to change her oil...LOL) I go to Wal-Mart and get rotella and a Motorcraft filter...

#5 ·
Its the truth guys. My dealer wants to explain to me how "complicated" these new vehicles are, and that it takes a schooled, qualified tech to do most of everything on the truck including servicesLOL .
Rotella and Walmart. There I go:sly:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.