The Diesel Garage banner

ts chip???

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  smokinIH30 
#1 ·
just purchased my 02 7.3 crew cab this week pretty excited. i ordered a ts 6 pos chip (stock, hi idle, 50, 75, 100, 140hp) lookin for more power and mpg...if driving regular will my mpg go up? if so which setting is saefest/most economical? new to diesels anything helps...getting 11.6 mpg driving in town

#2 ·
from what I have learned the higher the setting the better MPG I have gotten on mine:shrug:

#3 ·
well im a little nervous about runnin it on the 140 setting all the time...but my buddy just got a truck identical to mine except 2wd and it gets 16 around town...it has only 78k though...just tryin to make sense of it as mpg with this truck has been the only disappointment so far...

#4 ·
Generally the 100 or 140 settings will give the best mileage; keep in mind that when you're running these settings for said mileage, you've got a lot more power on tap, so you can also kill your mileage at the same time...2x4 under the go pedal makes a difference, so my friends say...

#7 ·
75hp setting for sure. ive tried them all out. i was getting 22.5mpg before the ulsd fuel.

#9 ·
the reason the 2wd gets better milage is cuz it has about half the resistance against the motor ( ie t-case front axle) plus areodynamics. way closer to the groung. I know cuz my dads 250 is a 2wd. and he get better than 20. But I did in my obs but that was with the stock 235/75R16 tires now with 265/75R16 A/T's it's closer to 17. but i drive 100 mi to and from work on I15 at 80mph.

#10 ·
I have an obs and get about 17-18 in a 4wd with 315s on it if I baby it. That only happens on 75 horse tune though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.