Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com - View Single Post - Need help! 5 speed trans problems
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM
customdeluxe78
99 cummins

yeah, if standard transmission does not want to make it right, tell them your lawyer will be getting ahold of them, that should get their attention. Especially since it popped out of 5th as soon as you put it in!

Until its fixed, when you downshift to 4th, try floating it down, in other words, dont use the clutch, pull out of 5th, rev the engine up to the rpms it will be at after you downshift, and it should slip right in. this method it used with non syncronized trannies in heavy trucks. and in my 78 chevy (because my clutch is too hard to push in with the crazy pressure plate i have)

Another idea is double clutching into 4th. But hopefully you can just get s.t. to replace or rebuild your tranny, good luck.

99 cummins, 5-speed, edge comp, speedhut guages, fass 150 system, s&b cold air intake, ces two piece manifold, 5 inch straight exhaust with a 6 inch tip, 5 inch superlift, 4:10 gears, dynatrack lock in lock outs, 35x14.50 thornbirds on 16.5x12 mickey tompson classic 2's, alpine head unit, 1600 watt amp, 2 12 inch subs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome